UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I saw a lot of positives out there today. Love the way we're going.

We should be in most of the rest of our games.

Three games in and I'm not sure what to think of crook? He's been average to awful... Unless something happens soon it's gonna be clear he's not the long term answer. Maybe just the dissapinyment of today but he missed some wide open throws with no pressure, he threw it away at the first sign of trouble panicking a few times. Edited by Clickclack

Three games in and I'm not sure what to think of crook? He's been average to awful... Unless something happens soon it's gonna be clear he's not the long term answer. Maybe just the dissapinyment of today but he missed some wide open throws with no pressure, he threw it away at the first sign of trouble panicking a few times.

He's getting his feet under him. He's not a game changer yet. And who knows what else we have on the bench.

100% agree. I was extremely impressed with our O-Line. Unlike others, I thought the D-Line did much better than people are saying. I also thought Julian Cox had another solid game.

I am very happy with both running backs. We are pretty set there.

Three games in and I'm not sure what to think of crook? He's been average to awful... Unless something happens soon it's gonna be clear he's not the long term answer. Maybe just the dissapinyment of today but he missed some wide open throws with no pressure, he threw it away at the first sign of trouble panicking a few times.

He's getting his feet under him. He's not a game changer yet. And who knows what else we have on the bench.

I agree in some ways. I think Sussman is more of a runner...and Brunson (from what I hear) is a gunslinging type. Brunson a bit on the slender side right now.

My issue with Crook today were the clear misses with the football, the bad footwork, and not so hot progression reads.

100% agree. I was extremely impressed with our O-Line. Unlike others, I thought the D-Line did much better than people are saying. I also thought Julian Cox had another solid game.

I am very happy with both running backs. We are pretty set there.

I agree with most of what you said but the dline comment... They got gashes today... Huge running holes over and over again. They got manhandled, it happens... They were a bit smaller our there today.

It's just the reality... I'm not having on anyone, this was a good measuring stick.

Edited by Clickclack

My thoughts on the game...

damn. this is going to be an ugly game

Great chance there on that pick... Cooper did wrap up the ball and got striped.

He didn't wrap it up. When he first picked it off he tucked it and then for some reason stuck it back out with both hands (and it seemed to bobble a bit). That's when he got stripped. If he just tucked it and covered, would have been fine. I watched his in slowmo like 20 times.

these announcers keep calling Crosky Crooksy. haha.

They sucked bad. They mispronounced a ton of guys' names...including coaches (really?). I believe they called him Gattuski. If there is two names you should NEVER get wrong as the announcer its: 1) The teams name and 2) the coaches name.

Refs have lost control of this game.

They were terrible for both sides.

nfl-replacement-refs-meme-touchdown-celt

===================

1) Our defense, while very good at forcing turnovers (INT's), is pretty bad at tackling. I don't care about the size difference, we are in year 3 of the CAA. Many of our freshmen and sophomores are CAA type kids now, no? We should not be that small compared to anyone. We've had almost a complete cycle of kids. Yes we are more athletic, which is nice, but that only gets you so far.

2) Two opposing guys with 130+ yards rushing? One with almost 80 (the QB mind you)? Team with 350 on the ground and 625 yards of total offense? In one game? That's like two weeks worth of work for most teams. What a joke. Our D-Line was absolutely ATROCIOUS. Our secondary (with the INT's) is what kept us in the game in the first half, but then got beat like a red headed step child in the 2nd half.

To paraphrase Bart Scott: Couldn't stop a nosebleed.

3) Our offense wasn't all that bad (28pts, 200 yards rushing). If Crook didn't miss wide open guys, he would have had 100 yards more for the game and like another TD or two. Our defense cost us more of the game than our offense did though, IMO. But I'm an arm chair quarterback, so we can agree to disagree.

That being said, JMU is a powerhouse and proved it. We should beat up pretty easily on the lower level teams in the CAA with our run game alone. Going into the season I was not sure we'd be able to replace Osbourne but we've replaced him and then some, IMO.

----------------

Did anyone catch the bit about the JMU convocation center at half time? MAN. I want us to be JMU so bad. The renders of that place looked BEAUTIFUL. Honestly, I hope I don't get banned for this but I have a huge crush on JMU's campus. *Sigh* Some day...

http://www.jmuconvo.com/

** Side note, look at that webpage. So modern and fluid.

Edited by Ilko

Positives: Croskey and Hanks had 6 yards per run. No sacks. 6 turnovers. 28 points. Negatives: JMU ran 28 more offensive plays. 350 yards rushing given up as they moved our D-line at will and had runners cut back

untouched for 5 yards. Crook missing and over throwing receivers. How many times did he miss Croskey on what would have been solid gainers?

The turnovers held down the score and any time you win the turnover battle that much it should put you in the game if you otherwise execute. UA takes way less downfield shots than in the previous couple of years. UA's O-Line is their strength and it showed.

Edited by jimbo