UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Looking at master plan it looks like Fieldhouse Phase1($21.2mil) -> Casey Stadium end-zone facility -> Renovate PE Building ($39.8mil) -> Renovate SEFCU ($18mil)

To me...SEFCU has to have a higher priority of this and budget. You can't get anything decent from a renovation for 18mil for a long-term solution. Maybe I'm wrong...

Edited by Clickclack

Raise the roof... a few less seats (one side only) and lengthen it for full lax matches...and boom, this is what you need.

BU's indoor track. I remember when they built this thing...I lived up the block.

http://beynonsports.com/en/media/news-and-press-releases/beynon-selected-to-upgrade-boston-university's-indoor-track-and-tennis-center

And it can probably be built in not that long of a time frame.

BTW, can you check your private message? Thanks :)

Can't respond with my phone. I messaged your brother on g-mail. You're all set with your question. :)

• Like 1

Here is the scope of the SEFCU project...I don't think it's nearly ambitious enough. Lights, scoreboard, new floor? That's it?

Following renovation of the Physical Education Building, the FMP recommends renovation and refreshening of the SEFCU Arena. The building is in good condition, but would benefit from improvements such as new floors at the fitness center, a new sound system, a new scoreboard, and improvements to interior fixtures. Due to the overall good condition of the building, required improvements could be administered as distinct projects during the off-season. Any displaced program can be housed in either the field house or the Physical Education Building temporarily. Key renovation projects include: • New floors at the fitness center • New scoreboard • New / refreshed locker rooms and coaches offices • Improved sports medicine and strength and conditioning • Re-appropriation of the squash and racquetball courts for another function such as team rooms or team/visiting locker rooms • New Student-Athlete Success Center

Does anyone know how much money the state has allocated for the improvements in the master plan. Some of those numbers were REALLY high (like 39MM for the field house).

Or is the master plan really just an unaccounted for wish list?

I gotta believe there is no basis in budgetary reality.

How many gyms do we need on the uptown campus? Seriously six out of seven residents halls operate a fitness center. Now we are adding an enormous two story fitness center in the campus center. We still have the gym at SEFCU and the Field House would give us 9 Reslife and Campus Recreation Fitness Centers. Can you say over kill?

Regarding increasing SEFCU capacity-- I'm all for it but will we get enough turnout to substantiate a 6,000-8,000 seat stadium? SBU's arena almost feels a little small but maybe they knew it's still hard to get students and locals out for games other than Albany or Vermont. seems we should concentrate on the base hits: scoreboard, better seating, etc.

There are 2 things I want to see done right away...

1) GET A DAMN 2015 WEBSITE!!!!!!! (use this money and the goals of branding and communicating and get us a site this university deserves)

2) Scoreboard for SEFCU...these programs deserve it.

After that, I'll take DanesRGood's approach and be a little conservative and see what other funds state gives.

Can't they reach that 5000-5500 by filling in the corners and making all seats chairbacks? I honestly hope they don't get too aggressive with the spending and play this a little conservative for now and try to get more funds from the state but what do I know.

That's why I say a field house is needed. I'm not sure you fill the corners in until you don't need to collapse anymore. Until we build a field house we can't have permanent seating.