UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

It just hit me in the head on who would have 8 figures to toss around.

Folks, my bet is: The WHITNEY FAMILY STADIUM.

Biggest land owner in the Adirondacks, and a huge supporter of Saratoga. Mary Lou Whitney is a big-time philanthropist.

It just hit me in the head on who would have 8 figures to toss around.

Folks, my bet is: The WHITNEY FAMILY STADIUM.

Biggest land owner in the Adirondacks, and a huge supporter of Saratoga. Mary Lou Whitney is a big-time philanthropist.

I was guessing Hearst, because George is the President of the UAlbany Foundation and the Hearst Family's name is on the new St. Peter's Hospital pavilion.

The donor doesn't have to be a per se UA supporter. It occurred to me this stadium is billed as a community asset and the largest such facility in the region. A larger or enhanced facility may enhance UA but the main goal for the donor may be different such as attracting a minor league soccer team or major events.

100% local ties.....no one has guessed correctly I believe.....but once revealed you will all say oh yeah......from what I was led to believe, and based on other donations, 10M is low-balling....this "hopefully" will be the GREATEST part of the surprise....the actual dollars is the only part that wasnt confirmed but speculated....

100% local ties.....no one has guessed correctly I believe.....but once revealed you will all say oh yeah......from what I was led to believe, and based on other donations, 10M is low-balling....this "hopefully" will be the GREATEST part of the surprise....the actual dollars is the only part that wasnt confirmed but speculated....

Unless you spill the beans, we don't want to hear it! Stop yanking our chains lol!

Huh....100% local ties. I don't think the Jennings have that kind of cash. The Whitney's are not totally 100% local. I am stumped.

I know Michael Byron has huge cash...but I doubt it is that kind of cash. The family home is a stone's throw from campus, and he clearly made his fortunes on the back of Albany students.

And, if is more then $10 million, I'd suspect that there will be mixed uses for the funds: Stadium Improvements (the field house is a must for all sports), likely an initial outlay of funding to upgrade SEFCU (re-investing any funds that come in for the naming of SEFCU after next year BACK into the $10mm+ pool), the kitty to start a Field House, and endowment of some scholarships.

That's what I'd do.

By the way danstep...if it isn't 8 figures...you will have people running around with pitchfoks, chanting your name. ;)

Edited by Dane96

Have the Massry's come up with another 10?

University at Albany Announces $5.25 Million Gift, Largest ...

www.albany.edu/news/56591.php
University at Albany, SUNY
Dec 8, 2014 - UAlbany has received a $5.25 million gift from the Massry family ... "Having served on the University at Albany Foundation Board for thirty years, ...

The Cuomo family has spent a lot of time in Albany over the past 30 years...