UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

There is one car dealership that could probably afford the naming rights:

"IT'S HUGE" Stadium ... .

Please no. Every day I see those commercials I wish that dude would lose his voice. Not to mention that he's a cocaine importing Stony Brook or whatever.

Seems like a pretty slanderous statement but I snorted out of laughter...lol

There is one car dealership that could probably afford the naming rights:

"IT'S HUGE" Stadium ... .

Please no. Every day I see those commercials I wish that dude would lose his voice. Not to mention that he's a cocaine importing Stony Brook or whatever.

Seems like a pretty slanderous statement but I snorted out of laughter...lol

I stand corrected...my sources (read: Google) were incorrect. Evidently it was actually a class action lawsuit for a BS security package he installed on cars that cost him a $1.6M settlement. Still scum, IMO.

Anyway, back to the stadium...we sure it's not Family Danz? The word lengths fit...lol

Edited by Ilko

Based on Danstep's comment, I think the second word is going to be "Family".

This opens up a huge can of "who can it be". If it is not an enterprise...i'd presume the family has huge bucks because there is no reason to "advertise" your family name for the amount it probably cost, unless you have buckets of cash lying around.

Longest serving Family businesses in the area:

Fitzgerald Brother's Beverage

Rifenburg Companies (large construction firm with HQ in Troy).

Ross Valve

Phillips Hardware

Curtis Lumber

The Daily Gazette

The Desmond Hotel

Stewart's Shops

Chobani (graduate of UA, plants are not in Albany...but close enough).

The aforementioned Car Dealers, like Fuccillo.

Hearst Corporation (Hearst Family)

SI Group (Wallace Family)

Alpen Haus

The United Companies (student housing).

Size-wise, the Riffenburg Companies, SI Group, Fucclilo, Stewarts, Chobani, the Hearst Family,Desmond, Curtis and the Gazette are big enough in revenues to support that kind of cash outlay. Alpen Haus is a big spend business (meaning customers spend big bucks) but I'm not sure they make enough to justify that kind of spend. The United Companies would be interesting because of their connection to student housing. The last name is Uccellini, which would certainly fit in that covering we see in the photo.

not on the list...thought for sure someone might come up with it....

Based on Danstep's comment, I think the second word is going to be "Family".

This opens up a huge can of "who can it be". If it is not an enterprise...i'd presume the family has huge bucks because there is no reason to "advertise" your family name for the amount it probably cost, unless you have buckets of cash lying around.

Longest serving Family businesses in the area:

Fitzgerald Brother's Beverage

Rifenburg Companies (large construction firm with HQ in Troy).

Ross Valve

Phillips Hardware

Curtis Lumber

The Daily Gazette

The Desmond Hotel

Stewart's Shops

Chobani (graduate of UA, plants are not in Albany...but close enough).

The aforementioned Car Dealers, like Fuccillo.

Hearst Corporation (Hearst Family)

SI Group (Wallace Family)

Alpen Haus

The United Companies (student housing).

Size-wise, the Riffenburg Companies, SI Group, Fucclilo, Stewarts, Chobani, the Hearst Family,Desmond, Curtis and the Gazette are big enough in revenues to support that kind of cash outlay. Alpen Haus is a big spend business (meaning customers spend big bucks) but I'm not sure they make enough to justify that kind of spend. The United Companies would be interesting because of their connection to student housing. The last name is Uccellini, which would certainly fit in that covering we see in the photo.

not on the list...thought for sure someone might come up with it....

Well, if someone comes up with it, are you telling?

You might as well tell anyways.

The new image changes things. The first image must have two words, plus "family" This one is much smaller.

To me...it looks like a "Y" or an "L" is the last letter.

The two words look small compared to "Stadium." Maybe a 4-7 letter word and then a space and a two letter second part to the name. Something like:

"_____ NY" Stadium? Upstate NY Stadium? MVP NY Stadium? CDPHP NY Stadium? SEFCU NY Stadium?

Edited by UA_MA_2000

I could see Alpen Haus being the words on the side of the stadium but that new image blows all of our thought processes out of the water. Nothing we've been thinking of can possibly be that small unless as suggested the words on top of the stadium are going to be abbreviations, such CDPHP. Only way that fits. However, CDPHP isn't a family business so...there goes that.

Ugh. lol.