UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Saturday Night

How random is this:

We have one of our longest threads in a long time, and a lot of it is dedicated to perceived pack of athletics marketing.

Literally just got my forst UA Sports email for hoops promotions (family pack of tix + food etc.)

Maybe they're reading the board? Haha

They've been advertising the deal for about a week or so now. First I saw was on facebook right before the Siena game.

How random is this:

We have one of our longest threads in a long time, and a lot of it is dedicated to perceived pack of athletics marketing.

Literally just got my forst UA Sports email for hoops promotions (family pack of tix + food etc.)

If there was a sudden announcement that we were joining the CAA I'd be more likely to believe in the power of this thread.

• Like 2

How random is this:

If there was a sudden announcement that we were joining the CAA I'd be more likely to believe in the power of this thread.

Hahaha

The CAA is a better league. As a stepping stone, I'm all for it. I just don't think that it is a wise move unless it is as a temporary plan. And by temporary, I mean 10 years. I just don't see that league as so much better that it will draw more fans or create more interest in. Has any team from that leave ever received an at large bid? To me is seems like a more expensive league with a lower chance of dancing. Great for more talent, and better competition, but not so great for the wallet unless it is just a stop on the way up.

The CAA is a better league. As a stepping stone, I'm all for it. I just don't think that it is a wise move unless it is as a temporary plan. And by temporary, I mean 10 years. I just don't see that league as so much better that it will draw more fans or create more interest in. Has any team from that leave ever received an at large bid?

Richmond in 1986, George Mason in 2006 (Final Four), Old Dominion in 2007, Old Dominion and George Mason in 2011. Of course, NONE of those teams are any longer in the CAA. The remainder has three teams in the Carolinas, two in Virginia, Towson, Delaware, Drexel, Hofstra, Northeastern.

College of Charleston, Elon, UNC-Wilmington, Drexel, even Hofstra and Northeastern don't really move the needle for me, no matter how high they're ranked right now..

Imagine a CAA north right now of albany, sbu, hofstra, northeastern, drexel, deleware and a CAA south of UNCW, elon, CoC, w&m, JMU, deleware.

You listed Delaware twice, but the CAA north list you have above is a nice one.