UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Saturday Night

Someone posted that down the stretch, for a five minute stretch UA had 5to, 3fls and 2pts.

Thats where the game was lost... We shot ourselves in the foot. For an experienced team with championship pedigree... We flat out shet the bed there. Uncharacteristically...

Edited by Clickclack

I still can't believe their students rushed the court. I mean really? We most be that good!

Side note, watch the press conference. Brown has some choice words about next year's game, the 3rd "tournament" game and the pep bands placement.

Patsos also made I clear he knew his job was on the line with this game. Which is still crazy to me. Their fans should care about the NCAA not the Albany game, but I guess that shows their priorities.

Gonna be a long week...

Sometimes it's not the worst thing to get smacked in the face. It wakes you up.

Siena was hungrier and physical and I didn't think we responded that well. We didn't shoot free throws horribly (70%) but we missed five in a row during that stretch when they built the lead. That's just not Albany basketball.

Yep, those fts are the ones I was referring too as well.

Two missed front ends on fouls 7 and 8 (Foul 9 was a Hooley "and 1".)

I still can't believe their students rushed the court. I mean really? We most be that good!

Side note, watch the press conference. Brown has some choice words about next year's game, the 3rd "tournament" game and the pep bands placement.

Patsos also made I clear he knew his job was on the line with this game. Which is still crazy to me. Their fans should care about the NCAA not the Albany game, but I guess that shows their priorities.

Can you relay what brown said?

• Like 1

A fluke basket for & Siena in the 1st half off a Cremo pass in the backcourt and a stretch early in the 2nd half where we went I believe 1-5 from the FT line helped doom us.

Credit Siena - they played better then us tonight.

14 Blocked shots - the whistle just wasn't going our way at times.

Peters and/or Charles may have helped a little.

Tough loss but by no means (as Haggy believes) unacceptable! All men's teams with winning records have quality players.

Time to rest up take finals and get ready for non conference part II!

One thing I'll say - I will take a team of 13 players with Hooley's effort and desire, By no means did he play a GREAT game but he surely competed hard!

• Like 1

I spent the first three qurters of the game trying to figure out what "Let's GO D.N.A." meant.

When the chant got a little closer to my section I finally determined that they were spelling out their school's name....EL LAME-O!!!

Can you relay what brown said?

This.

A fluke basket for & Siena in the 1st half off a Cremo pass in the backcourt and a stretch early in the 2nd half where we went I believe 1-5 from the FT line helped doom us.

There were a couple of Clareth jump shots in the second half that hit the rim, bounced up and hit the north star then fell through the hoop. When those went in I had flashbacks to Hymes banking a three pointer during Mitch's only win against us.

Surprised by some of the anti-Hooley comments. I thought this was the best he's looked offensively this season. Yes..the outside shot still struggled a bit..but he didn't look as tentative tonight as he's looked recently. Was effective driving to the hoop..went 6-11 from inside the arc..one of his better outings recently.

Never fun losing this game..but I'm not overly concerned. Single digit loss on the road against a solid team..and we had a (illness) deficit where Siena had a strength. Lavon Long plays the 3 but is 6'7".. which forced Ray Sanders to guard him. Also meant Dallas played 20 minutes..usually guarding 6'8" Bisping. Dallas even played the 5 for a few minutes late in the first half when the team went with four guards.

Four more OOC games. Get healthy and finish strong going into conference play.

Surprised by some of the anti-Hooley comments. I thought this was the best he's looked offensively this season. Yes..the outside shot still struggled a bit..but he didn't look as tentative tonight as he's looked recently. Was effective driving to the hoop..went 6-11 from inside the arc..one of his better outings recently.

Never fun losing this game..but I'm not overly concerned. Single digit loss on the road against a solid team..and we had a (illness) deficit where Siena had a strength. Lavon Long plays the 3 but is 6'7".. which forced Ray Sanders to guard him. Also meant Dallas played 20 minutes..usually guarding 6'8" Bisping. Dallas even played the 5 for a few minutes late in the first half when the team went with four guards.

Yes, but how many bad decisions did he make? I remember two. On one, he got fed the ball on the break and tried to do some sort of behind the back pass after basically getting to the basket? Keep driving and get a foul call! On another, he again drove to the basket and did some other weird decision (tried to get a call I believe and just threw it up blindly) that resulted in a TO.

He's been turning the ball over a lot this season. He had at least 3-4 TO's today if I had to guess. That's BAD. Your 5th year senior should be the most relaxed guy on the floor and smartest. One thing I loved about Peter prior to this year, and what I love about Cremo, is that they were ice cold at all times. Peter has seemed to lose some of that.

I don't know what's going on, but I can't look at him with purple colored glasses or AE Championship glasses and just pretend like some of the things he's doing isn't hurting the team...it is. Crucify me for it if you want, but he's made some bonehead plays this season in many games. His shooting finally was good tonight, but that was also a concern going into the game. Hopefully he's turning a corner with his shot for good. We need him at 100% in order to be successful.

Edited by Ilko

Haters hate!!!

...One thing I loved about Peter prior to this year, and what I love about Cremo, is that they were ice cold at all times. Peter has seemed to lose some of that. - llko

Hooley played 39 min and did have 4 turnovers, Cremo played 19 minutes and had 4 turnovers (including a basket for Siena) maybe we shouldn't play him so much (isn't that a ridiculous thought).

Hooley coming into tonight had 34 assists and 21 turnovers!

Sometimes we take the good for granted and exaggerate the mistakes.

We would have been up $hits creek without a paddle without Hooley!

Edited by Patch

Yes, but how many bad decisions did he make? I remember two. On one, he got fed the ball on the break and tried to do some sort of behind the back pass after basically getting to the basket? Keep driving and get a foul call! On another, he again drove to the basket and did some other weird decision (tried to get a call I believe and just threw it up blindly) that resulted in a TO.

He's been turning the ball over a lot this season. He had at least 3-4 TO's today if I had to guess. That's BAD. Your 5th year senior should be the most relaxed guy on the floor and smartest. One thing I loved about Peter prior to this year, and what I love about Cremo, is that they were ice cold at all times. Peter has seemed to lose some of that.

I don't know what's going on, but I can't look at him with purple colored glasses or AE Championship glasses and just pretend like some of the things he's doing isn't hurting the team...it is. Crucify me for it if you want, but he's made some bonehead plays this season in many games. His shooting finally was good tonight, but that was also a concern going into the game. Hopefully he's turning a corner with his shot for good. We need him at 100% in order to be successful.

He initiates contact on nearly every drive and only gets the call some of the time..so I understand his hesitancy sometimes. And your examples showed that. The first he was driving into 2-3 defenders and tried to give it up..didn't work..then tried to go to the hoop and didn't get the call. When his shot isn't falling from the outside..it's going to mean some bad forces to the hoop. Not sure what the other option was tonight. Hooley had 4 TOs in 39 minutes..Cremo had 4 TOs in 19 minutes. Singletary and Hooley had the same number of TOs coming into the game..Rowley leads the team.

You can't compare a freshmen to a senior or 5yr senior. Come on guys, really?

Also, not all turnovers are created equal. Some are dead ball (not as bad but still suck) and some are live ball (killers as they often lead to breaks for the other team).

TO numbers aside, it seems like Peters hurt us more than anyone's. If I'm exaggerating, so be it, but again...I'm not willing to give people a pass just because they are a former hero and saviour of the team in a dire situation.

We can agree to disagree.

Edited by Ilko