UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany Athletics Annual Report

Eli

Got a packet in the mail from UA Athletics that had a 19 page magazine type publication titled "University at Albany Athletics 2014-15 Annual Report".

This is new. I've never gotten anything like this before. Highlighted all our teams and what they accomplished in the past year.

• Like 1

Any insights?

I'd assume the $10M donation was the highlight and put us in the black financially. I'd like to know backing out that donation how would we have done financially.

Not sure I'd assume anything about being in the black for any state entity. Just from my experience. As we have stated before, donations are often for specific purposes. We have no idea what sections of their budget are in the red.

Either way, love the new brochure. Like how they are focusing showing people our success in a format that also tries to link that to donations/goals (last page). School really needs people to support it financially (and not just buying season tickets).

So where is Siena's brochure? Sure it would be a 1 pager..just had to say it. :)

• Like 1

I got it today. Doesn't say much that we didn't already know, but it's impressive all put together in one package. I assumed it's groundwork for starting the athletic fundraising project.

Looks like it was put together at the end of last academic year, so no mention of the $10 million gift.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's nothing earth shattering, but still...as we've seen since AD Benson has joined up...the level of marketing (or quality I guess) is night and day better than what it was before he joined. Small things like the 'welcome packet' to welcome us to the football season, etc. It's all part of it...much more presentable. Guy knows what he's doing and has his people doing great work.

Yeah, it's nothing earth shattering, but still...as we've seen since AD Benson has joined up...the level of marketing (or quality I guess) is night and day better than what it was before he joined. Small things like the 'welcome packet' to welcome us to the football season, etc. It's all part of it...much more presentable. Guy knows what he's doing and has his people doing great work.

Leadership is important. Many staff have been great but without leadership you only can go so far with your ideas. Now there is someone to listen to them. Good things to come I hope

• Like 1

I got mine too and thought it was a nice touch. At some point here there will likely be a booster club of some sort that we'll have to join in order

to get premium seating (for example). My thought was that this was what was in the envelope.

Living in Michigan I'm trying to strike the right balance. I donate often but it's not feasible for me to travel to Albany for a game. Most of the booster perks are game day related like seating that does me no good.

I wish they had an out of state booster club with some perks that made sense for us.