UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Hofstra and maac

Clickclack

There has been talk for a while about the maac wanting Hofstra. Just not sure why Hofstra would want to move down to the maac.

Best part of the story if true is the Islanders are going to play 6 games a year at the renovated Nassau Coliseum.

Most fitting part of the story for it being about the maac is this line.

Hofstra's current endowment of $318 million would put it second in the MAAC behind only Fairfield ($313.1 million)

I know what will happen! SBU will replace Hofstra and UA will he left in the dust in the America Least :)

Watch JMU closely as well...if they leave and Hofstra leaves...they will probably try to replace those two with UA and SBU and call it a day. Two good size markets to go along with Boston and Philly area.

However, for UA, it WILL required a significant increase in financial support, not sure if that can happen.

I know what will happen! SBU will replace Hofstra and UA will he left in the dust in the America Least :)

Watch JMU closely as well...if they leave and Hofstra leaves...they will probably try to replace those two with UA and SBU and call it a day. Two good size markets to go along with Boston and Philly area.

However, for UA, it WILL required a significant increase in financial support, not sure if that can happen.

The financial backing is what scares me and leaves me fearing we will get left in the dust

If...and ifs and or buts....Hofstra left...the CAA would make a strong push for both UA and SBU, irrespective of JMU. That said, JMU is unlikely to go ANYWHERE. Flat out on the record by their A.D. and President.

I can't see Hofstra making this move. A-Ten...maybe...MAAC, highly unlikely unless there is a financial issue.

If we were invited (again) with SBU...I think Benson would figure out (or try to figure out) a way to make the move. I really do.

• Like 1