UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

College of Engineering and Applied Sciences

UAalum72

to be established in the old Albany High School next to the downtown campus

http://www.albany.edu/news/67552.php?WT.source=home&WT.svl=image

Requesting $20 Million in state money to get started, $60M total for 1,000 students and 180 faculty and researchers.

550_-_CEAS_rendering.jpg

http://wnyt.com/article/12415/?vid=3138500&v=1

Edited by UAalum72
  • Like 1

From the Times-Union story

"Plans for the building include a 1,000-s"eat auditorium, which would make it the second-largest gathering space at UAlbany after SEFCU Arena." - well, if you ignore University Gym

University spokesman Karl Luntta said that if $20 million does not come through government funding, the project will proceed, but it would be split into smaller chunks.

Assembly member Patricia Fahy, D-Albany, said legislators "will stay at this" until funding is secured. Fahy wore a purple scarf, matching the UAlbany banner hanging from the black chalkboard behind seated speakers. "I'll wear this every day," she said, "if it helps us get that $20 million."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

TU+ story reports an anonymous $4 million donation to the engineering school. Still looking for $50M in capital investment and $20M for renovations. They've recruited 14 faculty from Dartmouth and Purdue among others

The last part of your post is impressive. Like really impressive. Go UA!

TU+ story reports an anonymous $4 million donation to the engineering school. Still looking for $50M in capital investment and $20M for renovations. They've recruited 14 faculty from Dartmouth and Purdue among others

I like your new positive approach!

• Like 1

This is a huge step toward bringing in high quality students for a field that brings alumni prestige—and donations.

And I work in PR so I notice these things, but 24(!) people were actually quoted in the Albany press release. I know you have to make politicians happy, but damn.

This is a huge step toward bringing in high quality students for a field that brings alumni prestige—and donations.

And I work in PR so I notice these things, but 24(!) people were actually quoted in the Albany press release. I know you have to make politicians happy, but damn.

These are the money-maker type fields and the folks if you can keep them engaged with the University will help build it through financial and other support.

• Like 1

I like your new positive approach!

Funny stuff

Living in the Midwest I feel SUNY could learn a lot from the BIg 10 schools.

A couple huge but easy wins for Cuomo. Fund the damn Engineering College, put Poly and UA back together. Athletics is your key to general name recognition so make it happen

• 1 month later...

The new state budget will benefit renovation of the Schuyler Building as the new home of CEAS, shown at left behind Dean Kim Boyer, Congressman Paul Tonko and Interim President Stellar; enactment of the tuition-free Excelsior Scholarship, and a boost for NYSUNY 2020 projects such as the Center of Excellence in Atmospheric and Environmental Prediction and Innovation, whose design is at right.

http://www.albany.edu/news/78398.php