UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Football Season Ticket Renewel

I haven't looked on line yet, but the mailing I got isn't that big of a difference. It looks like there's about a $2/ticket/game increase in Sec 205. Plus there's supposed to be 6 home games this

year as opposed to 5 last year. They did offer a discount last year for paying early.

OK, I checked. The price on line is the same as the letter.

Edited by jimbo

Yeah, they are definitely up. I would expect this for the first few years and then it ought to level off (a guess). If I have read prior posts correctly there will be 6 home games this year. 5 x 18 = 90 and 6 x 20 = 120, 120 + $10 order fee (excuse for raising more $) = 130. Visiting some other CAA football sites the new pricing seems in line. Delaware requires donations for most levels of seating on top of the season ticket cost. So there's some incremental price rises instead of piling it on in year 1. Still, they need a more competitive product out there to keep up with the growth in ticket prices. Only time will tell.

My seats, went from $90 to $135 an increase of exactly 50%. Supposedly there is one more game {which SHOULD have been pointed out in the letter but was NOT--pretty poor marketing if you ask me}. Going from 5 to 6 games is an increase of exactly 20%. With inflation @ near zero, I am having a hard time accepting the other 30%. However, I would accept it gladly if the stadium was selling out or even close on a regular basis. I sit right across the isle from the gold seats and on any given Saturday my section has never been completely full; and rarely even ½. I have checked game day availability for my section on a number of occasions for an extra seat for a friend and have NEVER not found one readily available and close [including homecomings]. I think this is pretty much true for the gold section also, as I never see it full and I am reasonably sure (but have not checked) that you can buy a seat in gold or anywhere else for that matter right up to game time any given Saturday.

Now this is the last I intend to comment (I know you are all saying HOORAY) on UA ticketing and marketing policies. I have complained for years, how long time season ticket holders, supporters and donors are not treated fairly; and how UA's pricing and marketing policies are often COUNTER to building a following. Even donors @ the highest levels are snubbed every time someone walks in and buys a gold level seat @ the door @ a mire fraction of what they had to contribute.

Anyhow, I get slammed for these comments and I am told to stop complaining, which I said I intend to do. But let it be known that I would accept UA's policies and pricing gladly, if as said they were selling out on a regular basis.

Edited by dslyank

I never slammed you for anything other than when you wore a yankee hat :) and agree with much of your post.

Also have concerns. It seems that they are going to want a "donation" to park in the sefcu lot for 2016 even though it also was not generally sold out (maybe for home coming) , but no one I asked knows how much.

Unlike some with the unlimited budgets, it would be nice to at least know the prices before deciding which is the most cost effective option and rearrange tailgating location

I never slammed you for anything other than when you wore a yankee hat :) and agree with much of your post.

Also have concerns. It seems that they are going to want a "donation" to park in the sefcu lot for 2016 even though it also was not generally sold out (maybe for home coming) , but no one I asked knows how much.

Unlike some with the unlimited budgets, it would be nice to at least know the prices before deciding which is the most cost effective option and rearrange tailgating location

Real shame to hear about sefcu parking if this plan comes to fruition, very disappointing. Is this for football or basketball as well? They are already charging for lots that require a long cold walk for basketball.

Not a way to encourage attendance, when you aren't selling out to begin with. It's a shame... Seems like a blind money grab with no explanation.

Ad a diehard fan, I will swallow all these changes... Don't think the casual fan will. Who raises prices on a product that has ample demand?

Concerned for the first time that Benson or his team have lost their mind. Ticket price increase in the 50% for a stadium at times less than 50% full. Have they lost their mind? Wait till you have demand outstrip supply.

Edited by Clickclack

Guys I think part of the reason for the rise in ticket prices is because of the sold attendance we have had over three years. Looking at the attendance figures we have only been under 4,000 twice since Casey Stadium opened 3 years ago.

JMU October 4 2014 3200, seem to remember bad weather or was that a religious holiday?

UNH November 2015 3814, only evening game of the season and mid November.

Now why should this matter? 4000 is under 50% right? Well let's be honest, the home side stands are the premium seats in the stadium. It has all the bathrooms and ammenidies. As all of us know the home side has 4,000 seats. It is a challenge to sell the visitor side bleachers because of many reasons, ex they are far from the bathrooms and food. The berm is also a challenge because the weather has to be perfect for fans to sit there all game. Also the view isn't the greatest. So it makes sense, that if you have had success essentially selling over 4,000 seats, which if everyone sat on one side would fill the home side, your going to ramp up the price.

Click

Was talking what I heard on football parking, but who knows on basketball parking.

That is the problem to me. It shouldn't be changing on the fly and the policy for the following season should be known when the tickets go out for renewal.

I don't think football ticket prices are out of line for our level even with the increase(outside the gold seats obviously which are not for me), but parking charges who knows since they haven't told us what they are for next year. They were the only parking charges I pay for local sports and part of the reason I enjoy going to as many valley cats games in the summer is I don't have to deal with additional parking fees

Edited by bob87