UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Football Season Ticket Renewel

Guys I think part of the reason for the rise in ticket prices is because of the sold attendance we have had over three years. Looking at the attendance figures we have only been under 4,000 twice since Casey Stadium opened 3 years ago.

JMU October 4 2014 3200, seem to remember bad weather or was that a religious holiday?

UNH November 2015 3814, only evening game of the season and mid November.

Now why should this matter? 4000 is under 50% right? Well let's be honest, the home side stands are the premium seats in the stadium. It has all the bathrooms and ammenidies. As all of us know the home side has 4,000 seats. It is a challenge to sell the visitor side bleachers because of many reasons, ex they are far from the bathrooms and food. The berm is also a challenge because the weather has to be perfect for fans to sit there all game. Also the view isn't the greatest. So it makes sense, that if you have had success essentially selling over 4,000 seats, which if everyone sat on one side would fill the home side, your going to ramp up the price.

The only reason we average 4000 or whatever (I think it is more than that), is because a couple of times a year [first game & homecoming} we fill the berm and a good part of the visitor side. You can buy home side seats gold or otherwise any given Saturday. We simply DO NOT have enough season ticket holders to justify the increases. If we did have a large enough season ticket request and if the gold and lower deck were almost always filled {WHICH AT THIS POINT THEY ARE NOT, NOT EVEN CLOSE}, then it would make sense. I am sorry, but your explanation/justification does not jive. I have primo seats and on most Saturdays, I could play shuffle board in my row; and even @ "big games", I have NEVER seen my section filled. Even on homecoming there are always seats available game day; henceforth season tickets are just NOT in demand. We should be promoting not discouraging by high prices and demands; and UA should be rewarding loyal and long time supporters

Edited by dslyank

Guys I think part of the reason for the rise in ticket prices is because of the sold attendance we have had over three years. Looking at the attendance figures we have only been under 4,000 twice since Casey Stadium opened 3 years ago.

JMU October 4 2014 3200, seem to remember bad weather or was that a religious holiday?

UNH November 2015 3814, only evening game of the season and mid November.

Now why should this matter? 4000 is under 50% right? Well let's be honest, the home side stands are the premium seats in the stadium. It has all the bathrooms and ammenidies. As all of us know the home side has 4,000 seats. It is a challenge to sell the visitor side bleachers because of many reasons, ex they are far from the bathrooms and food. The berm is also a challenge because the weather has to be perfect for fans to sit there all game. Also the view isn't the greatest. So it makes sense, that if you have had success essentially selling over 4,000 seats, which if everyone sat on one side would fill the home side, your going to ramp up the price.

The only reason we average 4000 or whatever (I think it is more than that), is because a couple of times a year [first game & homecoming} we fill the berm and a good part of the visitor side. You can buy home side seats gold or otherwise any given Saturday. We simply DO NOT have enough season ticket holders to justify the increases. If we did have a large enough season ticket request and if the gold and lower deck were almost always filled {WHICH AT THIS POINT THEY ARE NOT, NOT EVEN CLOSE}, then it would make sense. I am sorry, but your explanation/justification does not jive. I have primo seats and on most Saturdays, I could play shuffle board in my row; and even @ "big games", I have NEVER seen my section filled. Even on homecoming there are always seats available game day; henceforth season tickets are just NOT in demand. We should be promoting not discouraging by high prices and demands; and UA should be rewarding loyal and long time supporters

This... All this...

Your sitting in the wrong sections. My ticket went up BUT the price per game went DOWN $2. I guess they felt sorry for us sitting all alone in Section 106.

If you want to be in the CAA, provide 64 scholarships and have a nice stadium, there is some cost!

No question about that...but what is the focus? Increase attendance, engagement and eventually drive interest (profits) or drive people away with 50% ticket price hike when you are at BEST filling up on average 50% of the stadium.

I hope they made their calculations based on some form of analytic comparison.

• 5 months later...

Bumping this up. People can say all they want, but I personally wasn't TOO disappointed in the ticket price increase because I'm always hoping that it'll lead to bigger and better things, even if it's small touches such as websites, advertising, etc. I got my season tickets today and they improved upon last years 'presentation' (if you will). It's NICE now. I really feel appreciated as a donor of the GDAC.

For those who don't get season tickets due to location, the school is CLEARLY trying. Benson has hired a team that has CLEARLY stepped their game up. I am IMPRESSED. First the website, then the advertising on the web (random sites using ad-engine tools based on users search history) and in public places like Crossgates, and now this? Awesome stuff.
What I got in my package:
1) 6x - Upgrade to SEFCU parking (donated to GDAC)
2) 6x - Wrist bands to 'GDAC Berm Hospitality Area' - anyone know what exactly this is? Just drinks or stuff like Hot Dogs too?
3) Fridge magnet + 4 plastic key ring tags
4) AWESOME Looking tickets. Not that bland crap we have for basketball and had for FB last year (I'm going to venture a guess that they are going to update those too)
5) Thank you letter from Benson
6) NCAA Compliance Letter from Benson/Athletic Department (so I guess if you see an athlete in the mall, DON'T give him your car lol)
7) Ad for basketball tickets
8) 2x - Pocket schedule/other information
UVHWzzO.jpg
eGLDLeH.jpg
Ekn1Nyv.jpg
fKz04z4.jpg
9maOhHd.jpg
r8ZqKbw.jpg
hcc2OhW.jpg
NXAxIZn.jpg
vOOY93J.jpg
h89Gizp.jpg