UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Good Morning America

madDOG

You hadn't heard of this before? This has been going on for a while and there have been a few emails sent to the student body. I can share them here for anyone that is interested in reading them.

Personally, I think President Jones needs to resign. On Jan 30th, when he first commented on the issue, he was VERY QUICK to assume that the girls were indeed attacked and that they would 'hold the people who did it accountable'. He jumped to a conclusion before ANY police investigation (there were two police reports, he only read the one) was completed instead of saying, "please be patient and lets see what really happened". Then, like a week ago, after it was determined the girls lied, he was asked to apologize and sent another email saying he wasn't going to and basically 'tough luck'. I wrote him and his chief of staff an email basically saying that response was BS and he needs to man up and do better.

Not to mention these lying bags of poo had a stage setup for them on the academic podium and like 200-300 people showed up to 'rally' and show support (for a bunch of liars). Why did the school think that was a good idea before an investigation was completed? I think the BLM movement was involved. The co-creator of BLM was asked to comment on the issue (when she was up here for something else) and she basically said it's white people's fault. Then there is the one kid who was trying to break up the fight or whatever it was and before the real truth/information was known had death threats against him and left the school.

If anyone should be impartial in this situation, it's the President of the University. But, because he's also african american, he instantly sided with that side of the story. Messed up. He needs to go, or issue a MASSIVE apology. Like, full press conference and everything. That kid needs his tuition paid for, etc. Otherwise, if I was that kid, I'd file a suit so fast it'd make UA's head spin.

Edited by Ilko

You hadn't heard of this before? This has been going on for a while and there have been a few emails sent to the student body. I can share them here for anyone that is interested in reading them.

Personally, I think President Jones needs to resign. On Jan 30th, when he first commented on the issue, he was VERY QUICK to assume that the girls were indeed attacked and that they would 'hold the people who did it accountable'. He jumped to a conclusion before ANY police investigation (there were two police reports, he only read the one) was completed instead of saying, "please be patient and lets see what really happened". Then, like a week ago, after it was determined the girls lied, he was asked to apologize and sent another email saying he wasn't going to and basically 'tough luck'. I wrote him and his chief of staff an email basically saying that response was BS and he needs to man up and do better.

Not to mention these lying bags of poo had a stage setup for them on the academic podium and like 200-300 people showed up to 'rally' and show support (for a bunch of liars). Why did the school think that was a good idea before an investigation was completed? I think the BLM movement was involved. The co-creator of BLM was asked to comment on the issue (when she was up here for something else) and she basically said it's white people's fault. Then there is the one kid who was trying to break up the fight or whatever it was and before the real truth/information was known had death threats against him and left the school.

If anyone should be impartial in this situation, it's the President of the University. But, because he's also african american, he instantly sided with that side of the story. Messed up. He needs to go, or issue a MASSIVE apology. Like, full press conference and everything. That kid needs his tuition paid for, etc. Otherwise, if I was that kid, I'd file a suit so fast it'd make UA's head spin.

Speaking of quick to assume, I guess you missed the part where the guy who "left the school" wasn't actually enrolled

(from TU+)
Witness threatened after UAlbany bus incident was no longer a student
School says former student never registered this term
By Jordan Carleo-Evangelist Updated 2:29 pm, Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Albany
The former University at Albany student widely reported to have left school after being threatened for not intervening in an alleged hate crime on a CDTA bus was never registered at the university this semester, a UAlbany spokesman said Monday.
The young man's story has been heralded by those who argue that the three original accusers — now themselves charged with assaulting a fellow passenger and fabricating the racially fueled assault — inflicted collateral damage on innocent bystanders with their alleged lies.
But university spokesman Karl Luntta said in a statement that while someone by that name registered at UAlbany in the fall, school officials have "no record" of him "being registered for the spring 2016 semester or any other recent semester."

Side note regarding your post DRG...I don't understand why this is a sports only forum. This needs to be a forum for ANYONE who wants to discuss UA stuff...but especially sports. There NEEDS to be an off-topic section and a general university section. Every forum in the world has sections such as that.

My $0.02, which I've added many times now. I think I'm up to $1.28.

Speaking of quick to assume, I guess you missed the part where the guy who "left the school" wasn't actually enrolled

(from TU+)
Witness threatened after UAlbany bus incident was no longer a student
School says former student never registered this term
By Jordan Carleo-Evangelist Updated 2:29 pm, Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Albany
The former University at Albany student widely reported to have left school after being threatened for not intervening in an alleged hate crime on a CDTA bus was never registered at the university this semester, a UAlbany spokesman said Monday.
The young man's story has been heralded by those who argue that the three original accusers — now themselves charged with assaulting a fellow passenger and fabricating the racially fueled assault — inflicted collateral damage on innocent bystanders with their alleged lies.
But university spokesman Karl Luntta said in a statement that while someone by that name registered at UAlbany in the fall, school officials have "no record" of him "being registered for the spring 2016 semester or any other recent semester."

This information was not known to me, honestly speaking. I've been following it as much as I can on WNYT and WTEN...it is perhaps in their interest of sensationalizing the story that that detail was left out or I just didn't happen to see it mentioned. I don't pay for TU+.

Thanks for sharing though, it's good to know that information. Doesn't change my opinion overall in the issue though. And that student probably won't ever re-enroll, is my guess. Regardless of if he was a student, death threats are no bueno. Ever.

Edited by Ilko

No, I've been following the story but the fact that GMA picked up on it is pretty huge.

I think Pres. Jones made a mistake by rushing to judgment too soon, but I really hope he doesn't resign. He's been an otherwise excellent leader for the school and we'd be worse off without him IMO.

Edited by madDOG

No, I've been following the story but the fact that GMA picked up on it is pretty huge.

I think Pres. Jones made a mistake by rushing to judgment too soon, but I really hope he doesn't resign. He's been an otherwise excellent leader for the school and we'd be worse off without him IMO.

Yeah, this got some national attention which is a shame because it paints the school in a pretty bad light. Saw it trending on FB a couple of days ago.

It's just a crappy situation all around.

This whole situation is a disaster. The board of directors must step in and sanction Pres. Jones...an otherwise strong leader but I'm shocked and appalled at his handling of this. He had absolutely NO problem throwing his weight behind these liars...and when the truth came out (it almost always dose) he showed himself to be a coward. Much more should be expected of someone in his position.

Very, very disappointing. My 2 cents are, he doesn't need to resign, but he should immediately be compelled to offer an official apology and lead by saying in highly charged situation like this, it's absolutely imperative that we get to the truth before we rush to judgment.

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

Not enough. Where is the hate crime charge that the white people would have gotten if what the three stooges said happened actually happened?

I lived in the middle of Dutchess County during the Tawana Brawley fiasco. Justice still has not been done there to resolve the whole situation. The courts need to make a statement in this case to prevent other similar incidents.

• Like 1

Nothing good happens on the "drunk bus." Not back when I was a student, and not now.

When they founded the University back in 1844 there used to a horse and wagon that came from downtown, I bet there were problems on the last horse and wagon from downtown back then. No cameras then though.

• Like 1

Nothing good happens on the "drunk bus." Not back when I was a student, and not now.

When they founded the University back in 1844 there used to a horse and wagon that came from downtown, I bet there were problems on the last horse and wagon from downtown back then. No cameras then though.

This made me legit laugh out loud. I can just picture it.

Anyone got a DeLorean? I want to see this.

Edited by Eli

I got a girl's phone number on that bus after a long night at the bars. I had to run off the bus into a pizza place to borrow a pen and wrote it on the back of my hand. Now, that girl has been my wife for almost 15 years!! I also saw many many interesting situations on that bus including a few all out brawls. Ahhhhh, the memories.

• Like 2