UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Budget

Any news on the budget? Did we get any money for the Engineering College? I didn't see any but I did see this but is this really the nano College not us?

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__legislation.nysenate.gov_pdf_bills_2015_S6404D&d=AwICAg&c=oHEXZqRe44OjcoJSMaSOFZx2jbpbwwJK8dRdHl-Y2So&r=IHk9M4sfLlFcpNmiYq6t0wUISekgefeMGlKqJ6TtIXk&m=LT_BYQA7ekDxsF3N6G53d1LoIZrHe-5mOM7gjWZmpZs&s=w-uqK3n284SrxJrIwnp8mzats8unKpKk7TdSIDo16FI&e=

28 University at Albany -- Insti-
29 tute for Nanoelectronics
30 Discovery and Exploration
31 (INDEX) ....................... 75,000,000

• 4 weeks later...

I was reading an article on Idaho dropping down to FCS. Idaho's budget is $19M.

How is it Stony Brook has a budget of $29M? That's +$10M over Albany. Most of that $10M advantage is school support. Ticket sales, student fees are basically the same. The school is kicking in millions more

Stony Brook's budget is higher than half the MAC (FBS). How can there be such a disparity in school support between Albany and Stony Brook? $10M difference

Stony Brook gets much better alumni financial support and has a bigger endowment.

We've talked about this over time. I believe last year was a banner year for outside money pouring into UA as our endowment grew pretty substantially. Having said that, off the top of my head I believe the number is still just a fraction of where SBU and UB are. It's a start...

This NIH grant is substantial. Need to continue to work the alignment with Law, Pharma and Albany Med. College. Nice and steady, I'm encouraged by the vision of the leadership in working closer with these types of institutions and build synergies.

Edited by Clickclack

All that money couldn't buy them half the success that we've had. Sounds like 10 million in wasted money to me. Good for them!

No disrespect but your missing the point. Success on the field or not how can two SUNY Centers in the same conference have such a disparity? ("income inequality" to quote my lazy communist friends)

$29M Stony Brook

$18M Albany

Edited by Michigan_Dane

I think our performance is amazing given how little is provided in Alumni / fundraising support. It's not reasonable for us to expect the State and students to pay for everything. The good news is that administration is actively focused on improving this - I recall an interview with President Jones where he talked about the importance of athletic fundraising and using those dollars.

Using a 5% annual return on investment, Stony Brook will generate about $10 million dollars more than we will annually. That gets you scoreboards, permanent stands, better baseball facilities...

SUNY Endowments

Buffalo - $625 million

Stony Brook - $250 million

Binghamton - $116 million

UAlbany - $56 million

To be clear, this is outside the budget process but if there were more endowment funds available, the budget dollars could go to other projects.

Edited by reeder