UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2016-17 Men's Basketball Schedule

From the deadspin comments section..

“We can’t go to North Carolina. They’re socially backwards and perverted for their stance on what goes on in the bathroom. Let’s go the Penn State.”

LOL

It's absolutely ridiculous. We'll go play a school that covered up some of the worst human beings ever, but we won't play Duke because of NC's bathroom policies.

From the deadspin comments section..

“We can’t go to North Carolina. They’re socially backwards and perverted for their stance on what goes on in the bathroom. Let’s go the Penn State.”

LOL

It's absolutely ridiculous. We'll go play a school that covered up some of the worst human beings ever, but we won't play Duke because of NC's bathroom policies.

It actually goes far deeper than a bathroom and to the core of businesses allowed to be able to discriminate based on sexual identity. Not too dissimilar to Jim Crow not too long ago. The state's policy is that they do not want to give any tax dollars to NC, and by staying in hotels, and paying taxes to business they would supporting the law. It's much more of a human rights issue than a political one.

I was going to slip a few bucks to UA but now I will refuse to until Cuomo is out of office because New York is ran by a literal piece of garbage. Only difference between him and McCrory are wedge issues.

More and more I wish I went to a school that wasn't entangled in a corrupt and broken state government. Should've gone to UConn or UMass or Cuse.

I was going to slip a few bucks to UA but now I will refuse to until Cuomo is out of office because New York is ran by a literal piece of garbage. Only difference between him and McCrory are wedge issues.

More and more I wish I went to a school that wasn't entangled in a corrupt and broken state government. Should've gone to UConn or UMass or Cuse.

Yes because those schools aren't corrupt...

• Like 1

Ban has been in affect for a while and all state employees know about it and it was reported in the news when it happened. Not at all a random shock..Duke has been in NC forever so yea was clear this was going to happen. At least we are still in the tournament. And also glad my education at UA taught me tolerance of others, so not too bummed about it.

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 1

It is an interesting topic, and we should probably stay off politics, but I really can not help myself.

First the law does much more than just say what bathroom people have to use. There are multiple things included in it bundled together that are bad for the people. Allowing discrimination is one of them.

If the people of NY disagree with the law, there is no, and should not be, any other way to protest the backwards laws of the state other than to refuse to do business with the state, and that is what NY and 4 other states have done. The federal government regulates interstate commerce but has no ability (and should not have the ability) to tell a state what its law can be. This is no different than the Iran Energy Divestment Act that I have to sign a statement that says my company complies with it and does not do business with Iran every time one of my reps submits a RFP to a State Agency. If we do not comply, the state will not buy my companies products and services.

It's too bad that UA couldn't convince Duke to play at SEFCU or at the TUC. That would have been great! The NYS ban does not proclude doing business with people from NC, it just prevents NYS Agencies from spending money in the State of NC. Like it or not, SUNY is a NYS Agency.

• Like 1

That's all well and good. What always frosts me is the selective outrage. It's not about human rights. If it was about human rights a nys delegation led by cuomo would never have spent state money going to Cuba, where human rights are quite absent. A previous poster mentioned "scoring cheap political points". Exactly. And doing it totally at others expense....like the BB team.

Edited by jimbo
  • Like 1

That's all well and good. What always frosts me is the selective outrage. It's not about human rights. If it was about human rights a nys delegation led by cuomo would never have spent state money going to Cuba, where human rights are quite absent. A previous poster mentioned "scoring cheap political points". Exactly. And doing it totally at others expense....like the BB team.

Many people didn't care there was a ban until it affected a basketball game...kinda sad.

Edited by MRSGDG

How does not giving to UA, which does not get a ton of funding from the State and can use every penny donated, help?

Really, you've had some awfully illogical posts over the years...but this one may be at the top of the list.

How does not giving to UA, which does not get a ton of funding from the State and can use every penny donated, help?

Really, you've had some awfully illogical posts over the years...but this one may be at the top of the list.

Maybe sort of in the same way that not giving any of UA's money to the state government that is discriminating against a class of people will help...mmm..smell the irony.