UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2019

9 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

So under your logic you want a freshman point guard when Healy and company are jrs? If so thank God you are not the coach.  Because if not please tell me how this wont be the case if we sign a Sr point guard and graduate Clark next year. U must think we have a pg on the roster now. 

We do not know how many scholarships we have (prob at least 1) but with Lamb we are probably not beating Vermont . I'm just saying we need to look for an underclassmen pg now. Recruiting a Sr is like robbing peter to pay paul. It will take at least a year to develope one. We want the best team avail when Healy and company are jr's and sr's. 

LOL.  You are a funny guy.  

I never ever said they cant be beaten. I'm not sure anyone on this board ever has. All I'm saying is that we should be building around our core of players and I dont think a PG (grad transfer ) is the way to go. I think we should get a younger point guard and develope him for years to come. 

If we get that grad PG then our point guards are ALL seniors, who runs the point after that? Another JUCO? An incoming Freshman ? That's really all I'm saying. 

So we now have 2 ships open with Flory and Brooks transferring (mentioned in another thread, and on Verbal Commits), so that explains a bunch of the offers going out.

Anyone know what happened to Nathan Fromm? He looked great, supposedly committed to UA last year, then ended up back in JUCO for another year. Maybe he didn't graduate and was ineligible? His verbal commits page shows no offers at this time. I thought he was shooting guard, but they VC now shows him as a SF

2 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

So we now have 2 ships open with Flory and Brooks transferring (mentioned in another thread, and on Verbal Commits), so that explains a bunch of the offers going out.

Anyone know what happened to Nathan Fromm? He looked great, supposedly committed to UA last year, then ended up back in JUCO for another year. Maybe he didn't graduate and was ineligible? His verbal commits page shows no offers at this time. I thought he was shooting guard, but they VC now shows him as a SF

I believe the plan is to get another ball handler PG in the fold as well as another 2/3 type as I believe Malachi if he bulks up a little more will play a 3/4 type role. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Clickclack said:

I believe the plan is to get another ball handler PG in the fold as well as another 2/3 type as I believe Malachi if he bulks up a little more will play a 3/4 type role. 

Really just three guards on the roster now - Cam, Rizzuto and Clark. Two more guards would make sense.