UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2018

Not sure if we would be thinking about taking a transfer this year but there are some interesting guys out there.

Marcus Carr was a teammate of Cam Healy at Montverde and is leaving Pitt after they fired Kevin Stallings. Probably a stretch who will likely go higher.

Harry Froling is an Aussie big guy who is leaving Marquette. He's already transferred once from SMU so I'm not sure how that would work.

15 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

Not sure if we would be thinking about taking a transfer this year but there are some interesting guys out there.

Marcus Carr was a teammate of Cam Healy at Montverde and is leaving Pitt after they fired Kevin Stallings. Probably a stretch who will likely go higher.

Harry Froling is an Aussie big guy who is leaving Marquette. He's already transferred once from SMU so I'm not sure how that would work.

Froling is going pro.  But I do looking forward to seeing who we get in this late period. I wish there was more information on whom we are targeting. 

Big boy at 6'8" and 240 lbs.  Went to 2 jucos since HS.  Will be a junior then with 2 years left.  Avg almost 13ppg  almost 6 boards.  Was even 8 for 20 from 3 and 80% from line in 22 min per game.  Plenty of beef up front if you played this guy with Hank and Lulka at same time lol.

19 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Big boy at 6'8" and 240 lbs.  Went to 2 jucos since HS.  Will be a junior then with 2 years left.  Avg almost 13ppg  almost 6 boards.  Was even 8 for 20 from 3 and 80% from line in 22 min per game.  Plenty of beef up front if you played this guy with Hank and Lulka at same time lol.

Verbal Commits has him as a RS Fr.

Updated list for Lauderdale and also fixed the year column as I had everyone listed with their current year, not what they'll be in 2018-2019.

If he actually comes, that leaves us with 1 scholarship and an unknown number of departures.

UAlbany Men's Roster 2018-2019					

Name			Position	Height	Weight	Year		Status
Brent Hank		C		6'10"	245	RFr.		Returning
Adam Lulka		PF		6'8"	240	RFr.		Returning
Devonte Campbell	SF		6'6"	225	Sr. (JUCO)	Returning
Matt Conway		SF		6'7"	200	Jr. (JUCO)	Returning
Joe Cremo		SG		6'4"	190	Sr.		Returning
Xavier Cochran		SG		6'6"	195	RJr. (JUCO)	Returning
David Nichols		PG		6'1"	185	Sr.		Returning
Cam Healey		PG		6'2"	185	RFr.		Returning
Ahmad Clark		PG		6'1"	170	Jr. (JUCO)	Returning
Antonio Rizzuto**	PG		6'3"	180	Fr.		Incoming
Malachi de Sousa**	SF		6'5"	200	Fr.		Incoming
Kendall Lauderdale**	PF		6'8"	240	RSo. (JUCO)	Incoming
Free Scholarship					
Nick Fruscio		PG		5'10"	155	Jr.		Returning

Possible Signings	Position	Height	Weight	Year		Status
Antonio Rizzuto**	PG		6'3"	180	HS2018		LOI
Malachi de Sousa**	SF		6'5"	200	HS2018		LOI
Kendall Lauderdale	PF		6'8"	240	RSo. (JUCO)	Verbal
Greg Dolan**		PG		6'3"	170	HS2018		Offered
Quinlan Bennett**	SG		6'3"	175	HS2018		Offered
Jordan Starr**		SF		6'6"	170	HS2018		Offered
Tayler Mattos**		PF		6'9"	230	HS2018		Offered
Cedric Roland**		PF		6'7"	220	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
Carlos Dotson**		C		6'7"	285	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
Antun Maricevic**	C		6'10"	234	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
Channel Banks**		PG		6'4"	185	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
Yannis Mendy**		PF		6'8"	240	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
Kawanise Wilkins**	SG		6'6"	230	RSo. (JUCO)	Offered
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Josh Jefferson**	PG		6'2"	173	So. (JUCO)	Cal State Northridge
Adrian Nelson**		SF		6'6"	185	HS2018		Detroit
Fletcher Tynen**	SF		6'5"	190	HS2018		Boston Univ.
Riley Abercrombie**	PF		6'8"	205	HS2018		Boise State
Peter 'P.J.' Byrd**	PG		6'1"	169	HS2018		VCU
Melik Martin**		PF		6'6"	200	HS2018		Monmouth
Darrell Bowman**	PF		6'8"	270	So. (JUCO)	Miami (OH)
Kenechukwu Chukwuka**	PF		6'8"	215	So. (JUCO)	Pitt
James Sosinski**	PF		6'8"	240	So. (JUCO)	FB at Kansas
Kabir Mohammed**	SF		6'5"	220	So. (JUCO)	Missouri State
Rashad Williams**	PG		6'3"	185	HS2018		Cleveland State
Calvin Wishart**	PG		6'1"	175	HS2018		Georgia Southern
Harrison Butler***	SF		6'5"	205	HS2018		Southern Utah
Jaalam Hill**		PF		6'7"	220	So. (JUCO)	Cleveland State
Michael Steadman**	C		6'10"	215	So. (JUCO)	San Jose State

Possible Departures	Reason				

Departures	Reason				
Greig Stire	Graduated				
Travis Charles	Graduated				
Alex Foster	Graduated				
Costa Anderson	Graduated				

1 hour ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Just got a commit from a 6-8 PF Kendall Lauderdale    http://verbalcommits.com/players/kendall-lauderdale

Only videos I can find of him are a few years old. Looks like he has a nice touch around the rim and is a good shooter. Very much needed size. Hopefully he can learn the system quickly and earn playing time quickly. Probably still need another big. Would love to see Maricevic, but I think he is going higher. 

It's hard to keep expectations in check, but I'm already excited for next season.

Seems like a well rounded player, big body, seemingly soft touch, ability to step out and hit a three, good foul shooter  and a solid rebounder.

Has a history of playing with/against high level competition.

Seems like a good fit. I hope he adjusts to DI level quickly.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Patch said:

Seems like a well rounded player, big body, seemingly soft touch, ability to step out and hit a three, good foul shooter  and a solid rebounder.

Has a history of playing with/against high level competition.

Seems like a good fit. I hope he adjusts to DI level quickly.

I want to clarify my comment above, not a whole lot of info on him available so I don't want to denigrate the young man before he steps onto the court. Hopefully as you said he kills it for us. Saw one of the coaches point out that he has a really high character, team guy who can really shoot the mid-range jumper. 

He'll definitely have an opportunity to earn a lot of minutes I'd say. 

• Like 1

Excited to see another piece added to the team. With Foster, Stire and Charles departing..we need size and experience. Experience in the sense that our returners in the front court are Conway (1yr JUCO, 1yr DI) and two red-shirt freshmen who have yet to play ball above HS (or the Aussie equivalent). That suggests to me our targets would be JUCO/grad transfer big men. Lauderdale fits that initial test.

As Eli notes..leaves 1 scholarship remaining..pending any transfers. 

Anyone know about when any announcements would happen of transfer outs? 

I really hope we have none - as I have become a huge fan of all of the players we have. I think consistency, time with the team, and hard work plays well with Will Brown, and even those who didn't play much this year could see much expanded roles in the next few years. We have seen a bunch of JUCO kids come in and not get much PT in their first year with the program, only to become stars in year 2 or 3...

Candidates:

• Ahmad Clark - Majorly skilled, great personality, just didn't seem to fit into the system. I could see a major breakout Junior year, and a ton of potential leadership as a senior with Nichols and Cremo graduating
  • Xavier Cochran - Was called the most athletic incoming player 2 years ago but missed year 1 with injury. Didn't get much PT this season, but showed flashes. I am thinking that with a little more development he could be a stud. Seemed very explosive when he got a real chance (Maine I think it was?) but didn't get any more play outside of the blowouts. He has 2 years left and could be a big part of the team this year, and a major part next year. 
  • Matt Conway - Seemed like more of a 3 than a 4 to me as he is very slim. If he bulked up more, his combination of a strong outside shot and his height could be dangerous at this level. An off season of him trying to match the practice regimen that Cremo supposedly has could make him a top player next season. With Stire, Charles, and Foster all graduating there is a lot of minutes to go around
  • The 3 Aussies - I can't wait to see them all play for real. I'm always tentative with players that red-shirted as we have lost a few of them. Healy looks like he can be a stud but may not get more than 10-15 minutes a game this season. The bigs can earn all the PT in the world, but I know sitting for a season can sometimes make players have wanderlust (see Kyle McKinley)