UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2018

12 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Iona, Montana, Mercer, Stephen A Austin

Iona's  recruiting had to take a hit when they lost one of their main recruiters recently. Jared Grasso went to Bryant to take over their HC a few weeks ago.

So right now the team looks like:

• PG: Clark, Healy, Brooks, Fruscio(WO)
  • SG: Rizzuto, Fromm
  • SF: Campbell, deSousa
  • PF: Lulka, Lauderdale
  • C: French, Hank
  • 2 Scholarships left to give

I moved Fromm from the 3 to the 2 because he is only 6'4" and I don't think that is really a 3 in the AE. I moved Rizzuto from the 1 to the 2 as the team already has 3 other scholarship PG's. I could see Healy moving to the 2 as well with his shooting. 

Honestly, on paper the team looks like it is starting to come together nicely. It will take a magician Will Brown coaching job to bring them together as a team to compete, but to me this still looks like a top 3/4 team in the AE with how bad the bottom of the league is. 

Clark and Campbell as captains? Campbell will be the only Senior?

I say grab a grad transfer big to help improve the young bigs, then convince Cremo to stay for his last year or give the final scholarship to Fruscio for 1 season and see what can be done for the follow year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

I moved Fromm from the 3 to the 2 because he is only 6'4" and I don't think that is really a 3 in the AE. I moved Rizzuto from the 1 to the 2 as the team already has 3 other scholarship PG's. I could see Healy moving to the 2 as well with his shooting. 

Honestly, on paper the team looks like it is starting to come together nicely. It will take a magician Will Brown coaching job to bring them together as a team to compete, but to me this still looks like a top 3/4 team in the AE with how bad the bottom of the league is. 

Clark and Campbell as captains? Campbell will be the only Senior?

I say grab a grad transfer big to help improve the young bigs, then convince Cremo to stay for his last year or give the final scholarship to Fruscio for 1 season and see what can be done for the follow year. 

Would love to see an athletic 6'5 type wing and a 6'7+ physical big with the last two ships. As of right now...we have only 3 upper class-man. One senior and two juniors, everyone else is a sophomore or freshman. There are 5 freshman alone.

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

With the team so young... as of now next year's scholarships are 1 senior, 3 juniors, 2 sophomores, and 5 freshman. I'd love to see a grad transfer that can help immediately. Especially at the 4/5. Then maybe a SG with a quick release? Team currently has 4 point guards, 3 SF, 2 PF, and 2 C on scholarship.  0 SG's. at least based on positions at verbal commits. 

5 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

With the team so young... as of now next year's scholarships are 1 senior, 3 juniors, 2 sophomores, and 5 freshman. I'd love to see a grad transfer that can help immediately. Especially at the 4/5. Then maybe a SG with a quick release? Team currently has 4 point guards, 3 SF, 2 PF, and 2 C on scholarship.  0 SG's. at least based on positions at verbal commits. 

Do we count Frucio as a junior...lol

3 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Do we count Frucio as a junior...lol

I only included scholarships. If he was given one, it would go to 4. Not that I am in any position to say so, but I wouldn't be against Brown giving him one for his junior and or senior years. He has become a big part of the personality of the team, done media exposure for the team, and is a fan favorite. Only local kid still on the team and draws some fans. Give him a ship so we don't have to deal with the Reese Williams blogs all over again in 2 years. 

They look like a couple of great kids. Welcome! Ok, if you haven’t already, check out the sports teams at Clarendon. There’s some interesting choices! Definitely a long way from upstate NY. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, godanesgo99 said:

What will be most interesting to watch is the rotation and playing time with this group of young players.  Hopefully Brown and staff go 10 deep with the rotation if it makes sense.  

More

Albany has landed the commitments of Clarendon Juco guard Reece Brooks & Western Wyoming wing Nathan Fromm, per source. Defeated a handful of mid and higher mid-major programs for each

1 reply8 retweets19 likes

Retweet

Li

Direct message
X0F3TA09_bigger.jpgCarson Carattini @coachcarsonc
FollowFollow @coachcarsonc
More

And Sasha French...6'11 avg 14 ppg 9 rpg 2bpg...beat out bunch of mwc and wcc for him. Going to be a beast

Click I'm in total agreement about highlight tapes BUT.........

I'm just amazed how fast the staff got commitments on the perimeter especially since their main focus all season was probably was on Bigs for next season!!!!

Edited by Patch
  • Like 3