UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2018

Indeed.  I actually like that someone posted Game tapes...full games.  GIves you a better indicator.  For example, it's VERY clear (except if you know JUCO's) that Starks played against a much higher level of competition than others.  It's abundantly clear.

What is also clear: It seems that defense is a lost art at the JUCO level.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DanesRGood said:

I don't care what Campbell does as long as he doesn't shoot threes.  Other than that I like him and think he can have a very good season.

DC is Big Baller. He will be a leader for us this year and set the tone. He will be significant for us. 

Edited by UA_MA_2000
  • Like 1

Again, I insist I am NOT a Devante hatter; but I just do NOT see  the "leader" label some have predicted? This team has needed someone to step up and be a floor leader for two+ years. The leader position has been wide open and begging for someone to take charge! Coach has repeatedly said this over and over again and even casual fans have been clamoring for an in your face Jacob Iati type. IMHO I have seen absolutely NO evidence that Devonte has been this type of player or has any hopes of becoming one.

It will be a very young an inexperienced team this year, and I hope one of the newbies steps up, because I do not see Devante as much more than a role player. Does not mean a role player can not be a "leader"; but as I said I've seen no indication Devante has leader characteristics .

• Like 2

I, too, am not sure Campbell is a leader so it should be interesting if he can be or if someone else can rise to the occasion. 

Last year's team was Nichols and Cremos and everyone seemingly followed their lead which wound up not being good for THE team.

This should be the most important thing " Who will be our leader"???? We need someone to take charge!!!!!

• Like 1

I brought up the ability to be a leader because what I have seen in public appearances and what I have seen in videos. Part of being a leader is being able to have a commanding presence and convey the message with personality.

My biggest fear is that he seems too nice. He may have Travis Charles syndrome! 

The team might be better off if they can find a gritty a$$hole as a captain who will put people in their place.

Fruscio for Captain?

(not saying Fruscio is mean or an a$$hole - that was a comment based on something I remember about Will Brown having him try to fire up the team during halftime one game, but I may be making that up or misremembering.)

Edited by godanesgo99

9 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

I brought up the ability to be a leader because what I have seen in public appearances and what I have seen in videos. Part of being a leader is being able to have a commanding presence and convey the message with personality.

My biggest fear is that he seems too nice. He may have Travis Charles syndrome! 

The team might be better off if they can find a gritty a$$hole as a captain who will put people in their place.

Frucio for Captain?

His choice of hair style during the season disqualifies him...IMHO

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Patch said:

Leadership may be addition by subtraction.

I don't want to see our best players always complaining to officials when things don't go their way.

Interesting thought and I kind of agree.

No idea what's going to happen as far as the depth chart goes, but you'd have to assume those returning or coming off of redshirts have the leg up at least headed into the season. Only advice is pretty much the same as it is for any player entering practice season...burn almost all of your energy on defense and 50/50 balls. The staff already knows what you can do offensively or you wouldn't have been recruited.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

UMass grad transfer Ray Miller has committed to Albany, per a source. Immediately eligible.

This would make some sense as to why the class wasn't announced yet since I thought we were out of scholly's for 18-19. Apparently someone is out.

Just finished junior year so I assume another 3 year degree guy so is a smart kid.  Was a walk on freshman(midseason so he may have 2 years left),  played a few games sophomore year.  Past season started 1st 12 games but then came off bench rest of way except 3 other starts.  Averaged 5 points a game in 25 min per game but has a hard time hitting the broad side of a barn, 36% from field,  31% from 3, 70% on FTs(only 17 FT all season).  Did have a 1.8 assist to TO ratio.  6 foot 1 inch, 200 lbs.