UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Advertising

Eli

So...as many of us have noticed over the last few years (really an uptick since Benson joined) we see a lot more billboards, etc. with UA stuff. Now, we're seeing a LOT of stuff in places like Crossgates and the airport.

But today I noticed something odd but awesome.

I was on a website associated with a video game I play (Grand Theft Auto) and one of the banner ads was the UA get your tickets one. Obviously UA didn't contact that site and have them run it, but whatever ad engine that site is using...UA has their stuff on it. Most of it is driven by algorithms which look at your recent traffic, etc. and cater ads to you that match things you've recently searched for, etc. but IF it's also hitting people based on locale (anyone in the Albany area)...that's a good sign. That means that any site in our area that uses that ad engine is also going to see those ads.

Bottom line: I'm impressed. Rumor has it people from the athletic department read this forum so...with that being said....AD: good work! Keep it up!

Screengrab:

fk89s1.jpg

Edited by Eli

Yes, I know. But that's the good thing...if someone went to UAlbanySports.com once, that cookie is now stored in their browser which this ad engine will utilize...so now that user will get hit with multiple reminders about UA sports thus hopefully driving in a few more people. Good stuff.

I've been seeing the same thing. UA ads all over various websites. So yeah, it's improving. How about getting some UA apparel in local stores? I can buy all sorts of college and pro apparel in Boscov's (for example),

but nada from UA.

• Like 1

I've been seeing the same thing. UA ads all over various websites. So yeah, it's improving. How about getting some UA apparel in local stores? I can buy all sorts of college and pro apparel in Boscov's (for example),

but nada from UA.

I did see some stuff at Walmart (which has been mentioned before) on Washington Ave. and even the one in Glenmont near me...but it's such low quality stuff (IMO) that I wouldn't ever buy it. I just want some dang officially licensed Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, etc. (whatever company we have a contract with)...the same stuff the players and coaches wear on the sidelines. A coach wouldn't be caught dead with the Walmart hat on his head, belliiieeee dat lol.

Edited by Eli

but nada from UA.

I did see some stuff at Walmart (which has been mentioned before) on Washington Ave. and even the one in Glenmont near me...but it's such low quality stuff (IMO) that I wouldn't ever buy it. I just want some dang officially licensed Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, etc. (whatever company we have a contract with)...the same stuff the players and coaches where on the sidelines. A coach wouldn't be caught dead with the Walmart hat on his head, belliiieeee dat lol.

Pretty good stuff here....

http://albany.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SubcategoryView?parentCatId=40360&level=2&categoryId=40381&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&parentSubCatIdFlag=true&subCatTotalCount=8&storeId=19071&topCatId=40000

LARGEIMAGE_1095554.jpg

but nada from UA.

I did see some stuff at Walmart (which has been mentioned before) on Washington Ave. and even the one in Glenmont near me...but it's such low quality stuff (IMO) that I wouldn't ever buy it. I just want some dang officially licensed Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, etc. (whatever company we have a contract with)...the same stuff the players and coaches where on the sidelines. A coach wouldn't be caught dead with the Walmart hat on his head, belliiieeee dat lol.

Pretty good stuff here....

http://albany.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SubcategoryView?parentCatId=40360&level=2&categoryId=40381&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&parentSubCatIdFlag=true&subCatTotalCount=8&storeId=19071&topCatId=40000

LARGEIMAGE_1095554.jpg

No jersey's though...and my eBay purchased hat is better than all of those, IMO (we had this conversation before - it's a flat brim hat and the consensus here was that young guys don't know how to wear hats :P ).

• Like 1

I have to assume considering the progress already made on the GDAC as well as website etc. The store is coming at some point...will start to regularly buy gear for myself and kids when that gets here. For those that are in regular contact with UA officials, can this question be posed to them.

Progress being made is great, I get it takes time to develop these types of things. An online store of high quality UA goods is hopefully on the drawing board.

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1