UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2017 Football Recruits/Commits

Crook is graduating

Ahh! Even more reason to get a QB...need to have at least 3. For some reason I thought he had one more year and Sussman had 2.

We have other QBs. Jake Thompson and Ryan O'Malley. I think Ryan is a walk on.

Crook is graduating

Ahh! Even more reason to get a QB...need to have at least 3. For some reason I thought he had one more year and Sussman had 2.

We have other QBs. Jake Thompson and Ryan O'Malley. I think Ryan is a walk on.

Correct on the walk-on.

"Per NCAA bylaws, CAA Football and its member institutions may not publicize a signee until the letter of intent is received and officially approved by the school's compliance department."

Could be why some of our guys are not announced.

Edited by Dane96

Laugh at me for that #fail if you want (I will admit that was quite the fail on my end and deserve it lol)...but...who? (I looked at the roster now, my 'who' is more rhetorical to bring light to the situation)

That being said, 2016 roster shows Crook as a RJr...so based on that he has another year. Unless he graduated academically and is not going to stay for that 5th year.

Laugh at me for that #fail if you want (I will admit that was quite the fail on my end and deserve it lol)...but...who? (I looked at the roster now, my 'who' is more rhetorical to bring light to the situation)

That being said, 2016 roster shows Crook as a RJr...so based on that he has another year. Unless he graduated academically and is not going to stay for that 5th year.

I think there was a quote by coach at the end of the year that Crook was graduating and not coming back. I believe he did a PG year and a redshirt so he would have been a 6th year senior - that's a lot of time in school especially if he's not playing much.

• Like 1

I think the coaching staff did a really good job, especially with Barnard and Damico on the last weekend (i'd guess those were the two commits that were commented on). I know that many of us wanted a QB but the coaching staff talked about OL, LB and size on the DL and i think they did that.

We also need to wait to see who signs late, who leaves... Last Spring, they had the LB from Wyoming - Mark S. had an article about how he could make an immediate impact then he disappeared. Also, last year after national signing day, Rodgers, Nick Dillon and Abner Logan signed. A few years ago Jamal Merritt showed up for fall camp... i guess the staff looks at how everyone looks during spring practice and then goes out to fill in gaps.

Will be some interesting position battles at OL, DL and LB.