UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Outstanding AD Award

Dane Pound

I figure if I give credit to the Rookies and Players of the Year I should give it to Dr. Mac on his award. He will be presented with the Outstanding AD of the year award today by the All-american Football Foundation. Congrats to Dr. McElroy!

LEE McELROY RECEIVES GENERAL NEYLAND OUTSTANDING ATHLETIC DIRECTOR AWARD

Albany, N.Y. – University at Albany’s Lee McElroy has been chosen to receive the 2004 General Robert R. Neyland Outstanding Athletic Director Award by the All-American Football Foundation. He will be presented the award at the 60th Banquet of Champions on Tuesday, May 18 at the New York Hilton Hotel in New York City.

McElroy has provided the leadership for UAlbany’s 19-sport intercollegiate athletics program since July 2000. During that period, he spearheaded the successful search for a broad-based athletic conference when the University accepted an invitation to join the America East Conference in January 2001. In 2003-04, the Great Danes have won conference titles in men’s lacrosse, women’s golf and men’s indoor track, while football shared its second consecutive Northeast Conference championship.

McElroy was also a key figure as the University successfully completed the NCAA’s second cycle of Division I athletics certification in August 2003. A designation of certified means that an institution is operating with a commitment to rules compliance, academic integrity, fiscal integrity, equity, welfare and sportsmanship. In addition, he recently helped the University hire an architectural firm in an effort to develop aplan to improve the school’s athletic facilities, including the feasibility of the construction of a multi-purpose outdoor stadium and an artificial turf facility.

McElroy, who was a linebacker at UCLA in the late 1960s, is currently serving as president of the America East Conference Executive Committee, and has gained national prominence for his roles with numerous professional organizations and NCAA committees. He is a member of the Division I Management Council as one of four at-large representatives from I-AA or I-AAA conferences.

The All-American Football Foundation is located in Jackson, Mississippi. The foundation, started in 1994, is supported by colleges and universities nationwide, and has been established to honor individuals for distinguished contributions to the game of football in all phases of the game. The group hosts regional award banquets to raise scholarship funds that are presented to institutions for their outstanding college seniors