UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I don't really know why but I was thinking of our UA field hockey team and I didn't see any board discussion for this season.

Of note:

*Pre-season #9 in the country.

*Former national player of the year Paula Heuser's last year.

*Stand-out goaltender Maxi Primus's last year.

*A new highly regarded German defensive recruit bringing the number of German players to four, including improving sophomore middie Frederike Helmke.

*3-0 start to the year with wins against Hofstra, Bryant, and Dartmouth.

*Tough recent loss to Penn State, who was pre-season #18 but is now #1 in RPI.

*Tough conference schedule with a strong Maine team to play, an improved New Hampshire team, and a potential championship game on the west coast this year against potentially Stanford or Cal (And I know it's field hockey, but I get a major kick out of being in any conference with these two programs. One of my good buddies has an advanced degree from Stanford, and field hockey might be the only area to which I can claim dominance (even if it is not the result of direct participation!)

Oh, yeah, and also of note is that Phil Sykes somehow snuck the 2015 HS National Player of the Year onto this year's roster!...Dana Bozek. No announcement of signing her NLOI, and not even announced until four games into the season, but she has already played in three games and started two, while registering two shots and taking four corners. I don't know how the national POY was available, but she looks like a great get, and she stays in New York and we keep another "hot-shot" high school recruit from going to Syracuse (although I don't know if they even offered!)

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&ATCLID=211160796&KEY=

UA Pollyanna time again! A special thank you to the UB Bulls for allowing themselves to be outplayed last Friday, temporarily restoring my hope in this athletic program's growth and direction! With so many suspensions of good players I feared we could be over-prioritizing character, but maybe that wasn't the right line of thinking!

Yes, welcome! It's always interesting why a student would change at the last minute and we seldom get a reason. Especially when leaving a top academic private school in the ACC for a public university in the AE. It could be as simple as realizing she would rather go to school and play 100 miles from home rather than 500. Also, a Lakeland teammate, Julia Kim, is a Freshman for Albany. It could be that she got to WF and after experiencing it for a longer period decided it was not her thing and young Ms Kim told her about Purple Family and the beautiful weather in Albany. Maybe her BFF is going to LCC? All speculation, but I'm feeling silly this morning. At any rate, WELCOME!

• Like 1

Yes, welcome! It's always interesting why a student would change at the last minute and we seldom get a reason. Especially when leaving a top academic private school in the ACC for a public university in the AE. It could be as simple as realizing she would rather go to school and play 100 miles from home rather than 500. Also, a Lakeland teammate, Julia Kim, is a Freshman for Albany. It could be that she got to WF and after experiencing it for a longer period decided it was not her thing and young Ms Kim told her about Purple Family and the beautiful weather in Albany. Maybe her BFF is going to LCC? All speculation, but I'm feeling silly this morning. At any rate, WELCOME!

You had me until you said Albany had beautiful weather. Do you live here from December to March? :P lol

You had me until you said Albany had beautiful weather. Do you live here from December to March? :P lol

I do live here year around, except when I can escape to somewhere else. Lol. I remember walking from the PE building back to the podium one fine winter day back in the early 70s...my hair froze.

• Like 1