UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Kaloyeros Charged

UAFAN

I wonder if the convictions change anything?  If SUNY Poly looks tarnished would they try to get rid of it by rolling it back into the SUNY literally across the street.  20 feet or so away...

Edited by Michigan_Dane

2 hours ago, Michigan_Dane said:

"I wonder if the convictions change anything?  If SUNY Poly looks tarnished would they try to get rid of it by rolling it back into the SUNY literally across the street.  20 feet or so away" - Michigan_Dane 

rational point ... we can hope ... keep the calls, editorials, etc. coming

When I spoke to our President at the lacrosse finals, the idea of nano coming back was a ship sailed mentality.  Maybe he was playing coy.  Who knows.  But unless the debt is relieved by the State, no rational admin would take that on in a time period where state funding is decreasing. 

How the hell did nano take on so much debt.  Wow, just silly. 

Edited by Dane96

4 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

When I spoke to our President at the lacrosse finals, the idea of nano coming back was a ship sailed mentality.  Maybe he was playing coy.  Who knows.  But unless the debt is relieved by the State, no rational admin would take that on in a time period where state funding is decreasing. 

How the hell did nano take on so much debt.  Wow, just silly. 

I think it's all the buildings and technology in those buildings that they built with borrowed money. I have a friend who works in the industry and we chatted about this a while back and he was telling me exactly how much the equipment and buildings and clean rooms cost.  It's crazy. I could see how it would be easy to spend that much but very stupid to build so much debt. 

the defense will be reviewing the trial transcript in order to identify areas that are ripe for appeal and prosecutors will establish their position on the sentences they recommend, which could amount to years in prison.

It's possible... that prosecutors will approach Kaloyeros and the other convicted co-conspirators before sentencing to pursue potential cooperation agreements that could significantly reduce their sentences.

Person                  Verdict    Count    Charge
Alain Kaloyeros    Guilty    Count 1    Conspiracy to commit wire fraud
Alain Kaloyeros    Guilty    Count 2    Wire fraud in connection with the Syracuse RFP
Alain Kaloyeros    Guilty    Count 3    Wire fraud in connection with the Buffalo RFP
Joseph Gerardi    Guilty    Count 1    Conspiracy to commit wire fraud
Joseph Gerardi    Guilty    Count 2    Wire fraud in connection with the Syracuse RFP
Joseph Gerardi    Guilty    Count 4    Making a false statement
Louis Ciminelli    Guilty    Count 1    Conspiracy to commit wire fraud
Louis Ciminelli    Guilty    Count 3    Wire fraud in connection with the Buffalo RFP
Steven Aiello    Guilty    Count 1    Conspiracy to commit wire fraud
Steven Aiello    Guilty    Count 2    Wire fraud in connection with the Syracuse RFP

39 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

How many years in prison do these convictions carry..? 

Googling federal penalties, it varies widely depending on the amount of fraud and the number of victims. Could be as little as a few months probation or up to $250K fine and 20 years, or more with aggravating circumstances. The false statement charge is up to $25K and five years. That’s why lawyers are negotiating. I wouldn’t expect anywhere near the max

Edited by UAalum72

Article I read said it was up to 60 years but they never get that. 

From the NY Post article I read:

"Kaloyeros, who looked straight ahead as the verdict was read, faces as much as 60 years in prison when sentenced on Oct. 11."

Also, the NY Post has a bunch of articles about Cuomo and the "Buffalo Billions" corruption scandel.

https://nypost.com/?s=buffalo+kaloyeros

Edited by DanesRGood

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...