UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Kaloyeros Charged

UAFAN

16 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Jury questionnaire asks if you know any of dozens of potential witnesses.

T-U editorial The future of SUNY Poly agrees it should merge back, but notes complications of Poly's $54M debt, and what to do with SUNY IT in Utica.

Merger of SUNY Poly back into UAlbany makes so much sense...hence, probably won't happen. It should have NEVER EVER been taken away from Albany. Why isn't this idiot Governor going down, hard to believe he wasn't intimately aware of the unscrupulous behavior going on...

Edited by Clickclack

I tweeted this editorial to Gov Cuomo.  Make UAlbany great again!

The two schools need to be reunited.  I’d actually prefer the SUNY Poly name as opposed to Albany.  Flagships aren’t typically named after their town.  Ohio State not Columbus State.  Michigan State not Lansing State.  The town name typically indicates a lower tier.

24 minutes ago, Michigan_Dane said:

I tweeted this editorial to Gov Cuomo.  Make UAlbany great again!

The two schools need to be reunited.  I’d actually prefer the SUNY Poly name as opposed to Albany.  Flagships aren’t typically named after their town.  Ohio State not Columbus State.  Michigan State not Lansing State.  The town name typically indicates a lower tier.

I HATE the SUNY name lol. I don't know why, but it makes me feel small time. I'm of the opposite opinion. Wish we were known (legally, on ALL documents) as Albany or University of Albany (like University of Miami or UMiami/MiamiU).

• Like 1

If you go down the town name route it helps if your university is named after a popular town.  Say Chicago or Miami.  I’ve lived in 12 states... Albany doesn’t have that cache if it’s known at all.  New York does have cache.

I believe in marketing so to me this is important to how we are perceived by the general public.

In the end Id be happy if they just merge the schools back.

• Like 2

I agree on marketing being important and would be happy with a re-merge myself.

I'd love to be known as University of New York (like UMichigan, UFlorida, etc.) ...but that'll never happen because we already have NYU down in the city and because Buffalo, Bing, etc. would have a righteous conniption if that happened lol.

UAlbany/Albany is the best we can hope for without using that silly SUNY acronym in front unfortunately. "Siena's Big Brother" also works :P. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

During the trial recently, we've found that people so disliked dealing with Alain Kaayeros they nicknamed him AK-47; prosecution rested last week, then the judge allowed them to repoen yesterday because they hadn't proven the wire fraud took place in the Southern District, so they got a second chance to show the trial is in the proper venue; AK rejected a plea deal offered over the weekend,; prosecution has rested again, and the trial's in recess until after the weekend, then the defense is up.

• 2 weeks later...

agree 100% with everyone about the appropriateness/desire to return Nano to UAlbany ... it makes all the sense in the world/should never have left ... I spoke with Dr. Rodriguez at the pregame party for NCAA Final Four and asked him about a possible return of CNSE to UA and he responded without hesitation, "It will never happen" ... certainly wish the response was different: that there was a chance, early talks with the governor/SUNY central, etc. ... unequivocal no