UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Dynasty, congrats on the players, coached and program. Let's do 7 in a row next season.

Legit. This is the 2nd sport where we've won a ton in a row. Congrats to the ladies! What seed do we get now?

Benson told my bride we're getting a new, hi-def scoreboard for next season

oooooooo please make this be true!

O M G PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

He said there was a sefcu surprise next season at the last gdac q&a thing. We assumed it was a scoreboard. Confirms it. Cool.

• Like 1

What seed do you think the women will earn in the NCAA Tournament?

RealtimeRPI had New Hampshire as a 15 at Washington; ESPN bracketology has us a 15 at Stanford.

1000-game winning Stanford Coach Tara VanDerveer played her freshman year of basketball at the State University of New York at Albany in 1971-72, before deciding it wasn't challenging enough and transferring to Indiana.

The first two rounds of the women's tournament are played at campus sites. UConn and Maryland are the only teams in the Northeast in the top 16 likely to host the first weekend.

How is a 6-time defending conference champion getting only a 15 seed? That's some BS. Should be 14 minimum.

Hoping we get least 12 or 13. 15 is a huge slap to the face. We've won 20+ games each of the last 6 years. Granted this was our worst conference season (12-4) when all of the rest have ranged from either 14-2, 15-1 or 16-0. But we've been the #12 and #13 before...so #14 should be the minimum we get just based on the 6 titles. Regardless of how many losses we had, etc. I think having a new coach added 2-3 losses easily...so how can you know ANYONE (player or coach) in the first year of a relationship when they ended up winning a title.

Come on selection committee! AT LEAST 14, preferably 13. 12 would be asking too much lol.

Edited by Eli

How is a 6-time defending conference champion getting only a 15 seed? That's some BS. Should be 14 minimum.

Hoping we get least 12 or 13. 15 is a huge slap to the face. We've won 20+ games each of the last 6 years. Granted this was our worst conference season (12-4) when all of the rest have ranged from either 14-2, 15-1 or 16-0. But we've been the #12 and #13 before...so #14 should be the minimum we get just based on the 6 titles. Regardless of how many losses we had, etc. I think having a new coach added 2-3 losses easily...so how can you know ANYONE (player or coach) in the first year of a relationship when they ended up winning a title.

Come on selection committee! AT LEAST 14, preferably 13. 12 would be asking too much lol.

That's not how this works, each season is judged on it's own merits, W and L's. It's great that this is a 6 trip in a row but the reality is, that will help you when all things are equal and committee needs to break a tie. It's not going to help in over seeding a team with an RPI of 100+ by 2 seeds.

Having a new coach is certainly not going to buy you any brownie points.

Edited by Clickclack

I missed the game but followed the first half on the commute and got to watch the second half on-line.

Congratulations to the UA women; six in a row is incredible.

I now feel more comfortable raising Coach Mac's season grade to a C minus!

So if a championship in the first season = C- I hate to see the grade for a "fan" who doesn't even show up for a home championship game