UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Good news: You're at the dance

Bad news: Your date: UConn

I agree, total BS and probably Prince Andrew's idiotic travel ban played into it.

Anything less than 40 would be a victory.

The NCAA pulled their own's men's tournament sites from NC. I don't think they were punishing us because Cuomo and the NCAA agreed on the issue.

I agree, total BS and probably Prince Andrew's idiotic travel ban played into it.

The NCAA pulled their own's men's tournament sites from NC. I don't think they were punishing us because Cuomo and the NCAA agreed on the issue.

Fair point.

@MarkSingelais

The America East women's champion has been sent to UConn four times since 2003. The final margins: 47, 49, 39 and 36.

Who UCONN has played:

2003 Boston University (MA) BU was a 16 seed

2004 Pennsylvania (PA) (Maine was a 13)

2005 Dartmouth (NH) (Hartford was a 14)

2006 Coppin State (MD) (Hartford was a 11)

2007 UMBC (MD) UMBC was a 16 seed

2008 Cornell (NY) (Hartford was a 10)

2009 UVM (VT) UVM was a 16 seed

2010 Southern (LA) (UVM was a 10)

2011 Hartford (CT) Hartford was a 16 seed

2012 Prairie View (TX) Albany was a 14 seed

2013 Idaho (ID) Albany was a 14 seed

2014 Prairie View (TX) Albany was a 15 seed

2015 St. Francis Brk (NY) Albany was a 13 seed

2016 Robert Morris (PA) Albany was a 12 seed

2017 Albany (NY) Albany was a 16 seed

So you can probably deduce if an AE team is a 16 seed they will be playing UCONN.

Edited by MRSGDG

anyone see the video of when they announcement. The team literally started laughing and looked at each other in a state of shock. Pretty amazing.

The video was pretty funny. At first, everyone was laughing except for Imani, who had a "you cannot be serious" face on, but even after that, she started laughing as well.

It is what it is. As I have said to fellow band members, just because this is the 6th year in a row, and the worst seeding, you still have to treat this like your first time in the tournament, and maybe your last. Don't take the opportunity for granted, even if the odds are incredibly stacked against you. Only 64 schools get into this tournament every year. Have to make the most of it.

I guess we can't complain too much. Only two teams with worse RPI than us (113) got 15 seeds - New Mexico St. (137) went to Stanford, and Hampton (151) went to Duke.

Geography seems to have been a bigger factor.

We only played two tournament teams - #4 seeds Kentucky and Miami FL - and lost to both by 24. Best OOC wins were Army and Fairfield (161 and 165)

Edited by UAalum72

From a player's standpoint I'd be curious to know whether this is a positive or a negative for them. It has to be really exciting to play the best team in women's college basketball for years running. Everyone will

be expecting a blowout, so why not just go out and play hard and measure yourself against the best? Absolutely no pressure at at on UA. Go Danes!

Join the Alumni Association on the road to the Women's NCAA tournament in Storrs, CT and see the UAlbany Great Danes take on the UConn Huskies! The fan bus will depart Alumni House at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 18. Cost is $15 includes bus transportation, and bus snacks. Bus transportation includes round trip from the Alumni House and will depart 30 minutes after the end of the UAlbany game. To purchase a game ticket, contact the UAlbany Box Office at ualbanysports.com/tickets or call (518) 442-DANE.

Fan Bus Registration for CT:

http://www.alumni.albany.edu/s/1642/02-alumni/index.aspx?sid=1642&gid=2&pgid=1647&content_id=2383

Edited by MRSGDG

It's all bull$iena. Imagine, a travel/state ban.... zip a dee doo dah

I just hope we can pull off an epic upset. I'm sick and tired of all things uconn anyhow.

Edited by uofalbany