UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Sussman is 2-5 in the third quarter with 12 yards . GG is either blind or the state of the QB position for UA is the worst in all D1 football. Sussman sucks...it's hard to watch this guy play the QB position.

Agreed!

Elon QB maybe second worst.

Maybe it's a widespread problem in FCS. A couple of comments about UNH-Stony Brook on AGS
"Honestly, for the Seawolves, what's the purpose of even having wide receivers in this offense? I guess they make good decoys "
"These two offenses should just start taking knees..... My god we're both terrible!"
"UNH might have more yards off of INTs than they have on offense. And Stoney Brook is worse at passing than Youngstown State. Which you almost have to try to be that bad at it."
Stony Brook threw four interceptions and lost a fumble. New Hampshire only gained 219 yds

Attendance announced at 3916 LOL Among them Mike Simpson, getting a final look at the last players he recruited/coached.

The first two times Sussman tried to pass downfield he got sacked. I was readying comments about Matador pass blocking. Ole!

He ended 5 of 9 for 34 yards, so he was over .500

The first series of the 2nd half, second and eight the whole Elon bench is yelling "Draw..watch the draw!", We run the draw, loss of two. Is Sussman not allowed to audible?

Gattuso the Henry Ford of college football - You can have any offense you want as long as it's vanilla?

Glad to fly in for the game. Glad we won. That said I had 12 family members join me and I was disappointed in the crowd size.

Attendance announced at 3916 LOL Among them Mike Simpson, getting a final look at the last players he recruited/coached.

The first two times Sussman tried to pass downfield he got sacked. I was readying comments about Matador pass blocking. Ole!

He ended 5 of 9 for 34 yards, so he was over .500

The first series of the 2nd half, second and eight the whole Elon bench is yelling "Draw..watch the draw!", We run the draw, loss of two. Is Sussman not allowed to audible?

Gattuso the Henry Ford of college football - You can have any offense you want as long as it's vanilla?

Glad to fly in for the game. Glad we won. That said I had 12 family members join me and I was disappointed in the crowd size.

I've been to every home game at Casey and I can tell you that the crowd size really fluctuates with the weather. It's not surprising, but disappointing nonetheless. Even with some good clothing prep and a thick

blanket my better half decided that she'd like to get the feeling back in her feet. The berm was almost empty. Kudos to the Elon crowd because they made a lot of noise considering their numbers. UA has not yet built the kind of fan base (including students) who are willing to put up with some discomfort at games. I don't think televising the game helps much in terms of crowd. It was raining when we left the house and rained all the way to Albany. I was wearing long johns, jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt, leather jacket and UA knit cap...and would not describe myself as warm. End of the 1st quarter I went to the car and brought back a heavy blanket and a different hat for my wife. One quarter later we're out of there and roaring back up 87. I would have stuck it out being the football fool that I am, but since it was on TV the choice to bolt was easier. ASN games help with recruiting I'm sure.

Congrats to B9j2j6s on the additions.

It's quite a bit different watching all the games on tv/web down here in FL with the warm weather.

Kinda miss the chilly days watching UA football. The other chilly days I don't miss.

This was a must win game, if we have any kind of respectable CAA team. The tests are forthcoming,

but I have confidence we can put this thing together over the next three games.

Although some might not be big fans of Sussman, I think we need permanency at the helm going forward....

not making things even more unstable.

Let's hope we see some creativity and some mixing it up on the O play calls going forward.

Edited by uofalbany

I may have mentioned this before, but if so, please indulge me. My hoped for model for a successful UA CAA team has always been: strong, aggressive, opportunistic defense. Except for some beef on the line I think we are there. Special teams that don't make mistakes and have some positive contributions. We are probably better than that. Solid running game...check. QB who is solid, not flashy and can run when needed. We've got part of that.

So it comes back to is it the QB that's holding the passing game back or is it the play design and routes that are holding the QB back? Like Eli is always saying, where are the slants? Where are the quick outs, the wheel routes, the TE drag routes? Too many slow developing passes that allow the rush to get to Sussman? Maybe he does not yet have the skills for the timing and touch routes. Against better teams 34 passing yards will not do the job and no threat of a pass game takes EB away. This needs to be fixed.

You have to look at the offensive line, too. This unit has four seniors and a senior TE. They can run-block against teams like Elon that have trouble stopping the run, but they've given up "26" sacks (ranked 109, worst in the CAA) to opponents 16. A lot of them there hasn't been enough time for the QB to go thru his progressions even if he wanted to. Brunson got sacked in his limited time too. Is it because they're the last of the NEC recruits? A lot of younger guys will be playing next year.

Sussman has thrown only six INTs in eight games, half what the opponents threw, and one was a hail mary. Is that because he's taking sacks instead?