UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany (1-0) @ Cincinnati Bearcats (1-0) : Mon, Nov 14, 7:00 PM on ESPU

Lands will be visiting with Coach Basset and his FT camp...

According to the box score, he was the only one to miss a free throw.

I like the way Nichols competes on both ends of the floor. He and Cremo had to do way too much. Hopefully we'll have another guard step up as the season goes on and I'm not totally sold on Andrews just yet.

Still, with three new starters, I'll take the split with Penn State and Cincy.

• Like 1

I'm not really worried about Joe or Nichols...they are playing competition 100x better than anything we'll face in the AE. I think both will be real strong in the AE and 15ppg+ scorers. The X factor is the bigs and guys like Dallas taking up the slack (as they did against Penn State). If that happens, night night AE. If it doesn't happen, and we have a year of pretty much just Joe and David, we'll still be okay but it'll be much harder.

I think David had a bit of a "big head" game. Now I see what MRSGDG saw the other night. He took shots a bit too early, and picked up his dribble a few times in horrible spots. I think he was living off of the Penn State game, a bit. You can see it in Coach's actions.

However, I am not concerned with his play at all. He is still, for all intents, a rookie. He will figure it out, and will be a very good...if not great...player for us.

I am more concerned with Grayson. He needs to play within himself, get in better defensive positions, and not get down (you can see that in his body language). He has the potential to be very good. Right now...he looks like a JUCO guy who is trying to find his way. He needs to relax, have the game slow down, and play some defense. If he does that, he could be Jason Siggers type of player.

• Like 1

I think David had a bit of a "big head" game. Now I see what MRSGDG saw the other night. He took shots a bit too early, and picked up his dribble a few times in horrible spots. I think he was living off of the Penn State game, a bit. You can see it in Coach's actions.

However, I am not concerned with his play at all. He is still, for all intents, a rookie. He will figure it out, and will be a very good...if not great...player for us.

I am more concerned with Grayson. He needs to play within himself, get in better defensive positions, and not get down (you can see that in his body language). He has the potential to be very good. Right now...he looks like a JUCO guy who is trying to find his way. He needs to relax, have the game slow down, and play some defense. If he does that, he could be Jason Siggers type of player.

Not playing against Penn St. and Cincinnati will tend to help everyone slow the game down...these were tough first two games with half a roster of guys who never played together. I'm super encouraged, yes, bad second half last night but they've had 3 excellent halfs to start the year and one poor one. I suspect Grand Canyon and Brown are going to be more our speed then Cincy.

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 2

I'm with you on Grayson. As much as I don't like the Oneonta game, hopefully it's a chance for him to settled in and run the team. I think we'll get better as he gets better.

I thought speed-wise, Nichols looked pretty good against a really quick Cincy team. Other than a bad shooting game, he had a pretty good night - 13 points, 6 assists, 4 rebounds, 3 steals and 3 turnovers. I really like his aggressiveness. He might need to know when to dial it down but I hope he keeps that edge. He's fun to watch and just friggin fearless.

• Like 1