UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ Vermont - AE Tourney 2017 Championship - 3/11 - 11AM on ESPN2

Nichols didn't help matters but this is all about the calls or lack there of. I complain about refs but rarely do this extent...this was epicly bad. One of the worst games ref wise of the year.

Drive home is going to suck after lunch.

Ugh.

The refs may have been bad but we expected that. We knew we had to play a nearly perfect game, and we didn't.

So what were your impressions of Patrick Gym?

They blew a huge one on Lamb. He was no where close to stepping out of bounds on the baseline towards the end. We out played them for the majority of the game. We had that 3 min scoring drought that killed us.

We have to beat Vermont next year. Absolutely at any cost.

Will Brown's clock has reached midnight. He is now merely mortal.

what?
The carriage has turned into a pumpkin. This loss is as bad as UVA in 2007.
Huh? Against a 28-5 team, riding a 20 game win streak, 16-0 in the conference, 9pt road dogs...and they get to the last minute before losing. That's what qualifies as a bad loss?... I'll take this one any day over the home tourney hairball they coughed up against Hartford last year.

This is worse than Hartford. Hartford was a fluke. This was the worst loss in the history of the program.

ok...clearly trolling

Nichols didn't help matters but this is all about the calls or lack there of. I complain about refs but rarely do this extent...this was epicly bad. One of the worst games ref wise of the year.

Ugh.

The refs may have been bad but we expected that. We knew we had to play a nearly perfect game, and we didn't.

What a dump. Seriously. My back (it is bad, chronic issue) was shot with about 10 min left in the first half. No space. I had my knees up against Bob's back.

On the bright side, "American Flatbread" in downtown has the best pizza I've ever had. WOW. Highlight of my trip.

That being said, if this game was home we win. Home court advantage is important. That crowd was insane in the membrane.

Tough loss...Proud of team and future bright.

That quickly devolved from a game they shouldn't have won to a game they shouldn't have lost. Hero ball indeed.

Good effort; now make a run in a secondary, tertiary, or quaternary post season tournament to close out the season.

Yes, unfortunately it's what you get sometimes out of a guy who has supreme confidence in himself but relatively young and with a developing mental game. Nichols as a senior doesn't attempt 25 shots. Ypu live and hopefully learn with a young kid seeing really his first year of action.

I'm OK with it...

Agreed. That's who David seems to be as a player. We can't love him and hate him for it based on the outcome. That is how he is going to play. He could have tried to distribute more but when he did no one but Travis really stepped up on offense. I'm happy that many of these guys will be around for 2 more years. A feeling we haven't felt under Brown..Championship loss..humbles us all as armchair quarterbacks.

Doesn't mean he has to continue to play that way. Coach Brown and the staff need to teach him. They need to change that behavior and they can. In the games where he plays big he doesn't force as much as he did today. There were at least 4-5 wasted possessions in the second half where he dribbled into everyone and lost the ball or chucked it up or shot a bad and contested long three. In a championship game against a team like UVM you cannot waste possessions. The coaches need to coach him on that stuff. I'm not blaming this game on him only because others also made key mistakes but they need to get that under control for next year.

Tough loss...Proud of team and future bright.

That quickly devolved from a game they shouldn't have won to a game they shouldn't have lost. Hero ball indeed.

Good effort; now make a run in a secondary, tertiary, or quaternary post season tournament to close out the season.

Yes, unfortunately it's what you get sometimes out of a guy who has supreme confidence in himself but relatively young and with a developing mental game. Nichols as a senior doesn't attempt 25 shots. Ypu live and hopefully learn with a young kid seeing really his first year of action.

I'm OK with it...

Agreed. That's who David seems to be as a player. We can't love him and hate him for it based on the outcome. That is how he is going to play. He could have tried to distribute more but when he did no one but Travis really stepped up on offense. I'm happy that many of these guys will be around for 2 more years. A feeling we haven't felt under Brown..Championship loss..humbles us all as armchair quarterbacks.

Doesn't mean he has to continue to play that way. Coach Brown and the staff need to teach him. They need to change that behavior and they can. In the games where he plays big he doesn't force as much as he did today. There were at least 4-5 wasted possessions in the second half where he dribbled into everyone and lost the ball or chucked it up or shot a bad and contested long three. In a championship game against a team like UVM you cannot waste possessions. The coaches need to coach him on that stuff. I'm not blaming this game on him only because others also made key mistakes but they need to get that under control for next year.

What makes you think they aren't? You forget they actually sat him earlier in the year?

Let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater. Does he need to continue to mature? No question but he is a great player and a great Dane.

You have to live with a young kid essentially a freshman learning on the job in a title game.

I'm a nichols fan...

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 2

Ugh.

On the bright side, "American Flatbread" in downtown has the best pizza I've ever had. WOW. Highlight of my trip.

TAKE IT BACK! VT and best pizza should never be in the same sentence! LOL

Ugh.

What a dump. Seriously. My back (it is bad, chronic issue) was shot with about 10 min left in the first half. No space. I had my knees up against Bob's back.

That being said, if this game was home we win. Home court advantage is important. That crowd was insane in the membrane.

Flatbread is not pizza.

• Like 1

Ugh.

Flatbread is not pizza.

It looks a lot like pizza... Lol. He sent me a pic. You guys are cranky... One guy yelling you take it back, the other one freaking out that flatbread isn't pizza... Lol