UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ Vermont - AE Tourney 2017 Championship - 3/11 - 11AM on ESPN2

Here's another thing. I've placed blame on Nichols, but after thinking about it some more, no one on UA challenged Nichols. No one demanded more shots, that he shoot less etc. It was as though they weren't confident enough themselves to do something so they passed it off and crossed their fingers.

I still think Nichols as the floor general needs to do a better job, but some blame needs to be placed on the other 4 surrounding him at a y given moment for not challenging him.

• Like 3

UA played well enough to earn a win yesterday. As a VT fan and at the game yesterday, it played just about how I thought it would. WB will coach the $hit out of the game and turn it into a battle. AE reffing at it's " best " - poor calls on both sides. It makes homecourt that much more important. 15-16 game I felt UVM got the worst of it too. Patrick Gym , just leave that one out of the discussion. Our fan base has been vocal about a new arena. Be very thankful you as Dane fans may only have to be there twice a year, I "endure" 12-14 games and may lower back reminds every time what a unsafe dump it is. That said it also gets wild in there!

Danes, Will Brown is a class act and top level coach. Becker has begun to reach his level IMO as far as getting teams ready to play. WB is good for our conference and I would not want to wish him gone ( had he busted us yesterday, I might've changed my opinion!). As the time almost expired and we thought the game was done ( had to review the D.N. trey ball) WB was near Dre Wills on the sideline and CB extended a handshake to Wills and talked momentarily with the kid. Gracious in defeat, Brown was again displaying great character. Keep him there! UA brings back a solid team and more experienced team next. UVM will be right here waiting for you. Lets do this again next year

The irony is at the beginning of the year we said (and was the case for much of the year) that our offense would be fine but the defense was questionable. It turned out, in the later part of the year that our defense was markedly improved and our offense sputtered a few times.

We'll be back next year. Vermont better be ready cause it's gonna be us and them again. Hopefully this time the game is at our place. Not only due to home court advantage...but that place sucked lol. Soon as the buzzer sounded me and my fiance got the hell out of dodge.

+1

And for all our tears this A.M., UA an undermanned (season long injuries ) and very young team; battled all game in a very hostile environment, was up by nine in the 4th, within one possession of winning under a minute; all with our best offensive player having a sub par game. Take Heart Be Proud!

Edited by dslyank

Who else was going to shoot? I'm not sure which bigs were on the floor when uvm took the three point lead, but I would have liked to have another shooter in there, maybe enemma. Cremo took the shot on the biggest possession of the game and had an offensive foul. When UA stole the inbounds, I think Nichols panicked not realizing the amount of time on the clock and just hoisted it from deep.

I don't think there needs to be much in the way of blame. We took a group of underclassman to the home court of a 29 win team and lost the game in the last 30 seconds.

Honestly, I like Nichols more for coming out in the presser and taking responsibility for the loss. If you're looking for leadership, I think that's what it looks like. I don't think it was his fault.Like others have said, I think there were other guys who wanted the "perfect" shot and passed up on decent shots.

On the Vermont side, Lamb and TBH combined to go 4-23. They just happened to be on the right side of things.

Not sure what will happen with a post-season tourney but proud of this team. They are ahead of where I thought they would be coming into the year.

Stuck around for the trophy presentation and congratulate Vermont. Had to be tough for our guys to hear but hopefully will make them hungry for it next year

Honestly, I like Nichols more for coming out in the presser and taking responsibility for the loss. If you're looking for leadership, I think that's what it looks like. I don't think it was his fault.Like others have said, I think there were other guys who wanted the "perfect" shot and passed up on decent shots.

Having gone to 8 away games this year, we were able to see David's attitude up close and personal being the first or second rows behind the bench. (at home we're on the opposite side of the benches so you don't get the insight) I made a comment on the board after the first away game at Penn St about his negative attitude because it was surprising to see that from someone on our team. I got some slack for my comments because I was being too harsh since he had never started a D1 game, but I think as the first few games played out it wasn't just my snark observation, but obviously more others since the staff ended up not starting him for a game to make a point to him.

Now it's the last game of the year, the Championship game, after starting the conference season 0-3, sitting 4 feet from the bench I can say I saw a different David. There was a point in the game during a time out where they were sitting in their seats waiting for Brown to come over and draw up a play. David got up and started engaging with his teammates..he had more positive raw emotion towards his team than I had ever seen. I saw the Jacob Iati 'cheerleader' in him and that's saying a lot because I think Jacob was one of our best team cheerleaders. David was getting the group together trying to cheer his guys on. I turned to GDG and I said "THAT'S" the leader we need in this group. It was the first time I had seen anyone on the team do that this year.

David went through a lot this year being a sophomore in college, starting for a D1 team, losing his sister and who knows what else. He's 19 years old but I think we'll see him grow personally, academically and on the court. Here's hoping to that.

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 2

The time has come to see which guys will be brought back and who will be departing.

We noticed Jamir wasn't at many of the end away games nor at some of the end home games. He was not in Vermont. So he is likely out. We can only hope that Xavier and Jaraan who were in Vermont, plan to stay. I'd hope that if Jamir made it clear he wasn't coming back that if others had the same thought they would have told the coaching staff. As you said, time to wait and see. Maybe a post season tournament would give us an idea.. like who shows up and who doesn't.

If Jamir leaves and Dallas and Mike graduate, that's 3 spots, and we know of 3 spots coming in (Healy, Lulkia and Hank). So maybe it will just be Jamir.

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 1

Watched the presser that was posted. Shame on the media for asking David about doing too much more than once. Kid is 19. I have made comments on him having poor shot selection all year, but there wasn't that many possessions yesterday that I felt that way. Many of the forced shots were late in the clock or VT had done a great job of locking down all of the passing lanes. A couple of those shots fall and he is the hero. I can't wait to see what he does next year.

And Cremo, wow. Love his attitude, but I found myself feeling sorry for his teammates with the way he spoke about working hard over the summer. I hope they are ready to battle. Tongue in cheek comment, but if the team buys into the captains work ethic, watch out AE next season.

• Like 2