UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Women's Basketball 2017-18

Guys this thread is about WBB. Let's move the TX, Crew, etc. stuff to OT where it belongs. I get ya'll are responding but don't feed into it.

Now that the news is out, any word on who Benson might target to replace? I'll admit I barely follow WBB but having two successful BB programs helps our whole ADept.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

Perhaps, we should look east to Saco, ME .... perhaps someone has unfinished business at UAlbany .... might return ... can dream here for a moment...

I can say with confidence that Mari has zero interest in that scenario.  

13 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

Not surprised she left but surprised it's only after two years at Albany. She won with a lot of Coach Abe's recruits. Nothing against her, I'd just expect BC would want to see a larger body of work than two seasons.

Agreed.  This is a SURPRISE hire of epic proportions.  Spoke to some BEAGLES (BC) people I know, and they are stunned.

12 hours ago, sarge965 said:

She was wronged in so many ways.  Honestly, she got jobbed more than any UA employee I have ever seen.  

During my days at Albany, I really liked Mari and her staff a lot.  Just really good people.

13 hours ago, sarge965 said:

I talked with her when she was coaching Lansingburgh,  she was happy working with HS girls, amused by Colonial Conf coaches griping  about bus rides that were FORTY miles!! She’s been teaching phys ed at Falmouth HS the last 6-7 years

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Is kikuria Gordon Graham? I am not sure I have ever seen a post from this person that isn't about title IX, adding Crew, or taking the time to talk about how toxic and bad the athletic department culture is. It almost feels like a personal vendetta. 

We get it. You are pissed that they cut tennis. We get it, you think they should put a crew team on the Hudson. Your point has been received.  

Not Gordon Graham. Don't actually know him.  But that idea would be intriguing. Not sure how social media savvy a guy like that would be.  Regardless, not pissed that they cut tennis anymore than if they had cut field hockey (even if I thought it was tragic).  My 'beef' is with self-inflicted wounds of any kind.  It just happens to be Title IX right now.  If they had cut tennis in favor of a sport that could deliver numbers that wasn't crew, I'd still be sitting on the sidelines and just reading these boards like the arm-chair quarterback that I should be. Personally, I'm starting to like the idea of an NCAA run in curling or speed skating ...

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I remember Yvonne Hawkins. I am confident that Coach Mullins and Yvonne will work well together.

Sorry do not agree. I was not all that impressed with her first time around; and would have preferred someone younger. Also,  if Tripic is definitely gone looking @ 2-3 years to rebuild no matter new assistant. With Tripic one more year, might be a 1-2 reload, which is a big difference.

11 hours ago, dslyank said:

Sorry do not agree. I was not all that impressed with her first time around; and would have preferred someone younger. Also,  if Tripic is definitely gone looking @ 2-3 years to rebuild no matter new assistant. With Tripic one more year, might be a 1-2 reload, which is a big difference.

We will have to agree to disagree... however our support for the team will remain strong

• Like 1