UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum
Sign in to follow this  
UAalum72

Women's Basketball 2017-18

Lots of info at women'snit.com

Pretty sure both nit's are now run by NCAA and not pay to play

64 team field in women's nit

Was mostly being sarcastic. :) From the bit of research I did..looks like there are certain reimbursement levels for WNIT travel. If costs/number of travelers exceed their thresholds..then it would seem that the school eats overage.

I'm not sure why people are thinking the ladies get an auto-bid. The only teams that get auto-bids to the NIT are the winners of the regular season that do not win their tourney to go to the NCAAs.

I can see your point by reading the qualifications on the WNIT site... just wondering how Marist is already considered an Automatic Qualifier?

On the WNIT website, there are a number of Automatic Qualifiers already listed. UAlbany is not on that list.

Albany is listed now

I'm not sure why people are thinking the ladies get an auto-bid. The only teams that get auto-bids to the NIT are the winners of the regular season that do not win their tourney to go to the NCAAs.

That is the men's nit I think.

The women's under event info says each of the 32 leagues has an automatic qualifier, the team not in the NCAA with the highest regular season finish in their conference

That is the men's nit I think.

The women's under event info says each of the 32 leagues has an automatic qualifier, the team not in the NCAA with the highest regular season finish in their conference

Wow, I thought they used the same rules as the men's. I was mistaken. Sorry folks.

That's two coaches who've 'upgraded' since winning at UA...so hopefully we can bag another good young 'up n comer' to replace her if she does leave.

Wish her the best! Hopefully this doesn't effect the entire UA Athletic program as a whole though and that Benson can rebound quickly with a solid hire. 

Edited by Eli