UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Title IX violations

UAalum72

On 7/28/2018 at 9:16 AM, dslyank said:

OK. You lawyers/etc. out there; what is the worse that can happen at this point and/or what do you feel is realistic??????

Also, whatever happened to the 3 year remediation plan to the ncaa?????? Has "anything' been done @ all??????????????

@dslyank Don't know the answers to your questions but someone I know just tweeted this out: http://title-ix.blogspot.com/2018/07/court-denies-motion-to-dismiss-lawsuit.html

• 1 month later...

I've been off the radar most of the summer with some family stuff.  But just heard that the court granted a motion to add 4 rowers from Women's Crew as named plaintiffs.  Motion outstanding to certify the case as a class action suit.  Did I get bad info? I didn't even know this was out there.

• 1 month later...

Confirmed. Rowers were added. School not denying claims. Just saying they are "time-barred" and that they can't be part of the case because they aren't current or former varsity athletes (aka - claim is that only varsity athletes can file a Title IX suit.)  Not sure how that makes any sense. They're current students and even requested the addition of Women's Crew as I understand.  If someone out there knows how this stuff works better than me, please come to the rescue.   

Just now, kikuria said:

Confirmed. Rowers were added. School not denying claims. Just saying they are "time-barred" and that they can't be part of the case because they aren't current or former varsity athletes (aka - claim is that only varsity athletes can file a Title IX suit.)  Not sure how that makes any sense. They're current students and even requested the addition of Women's Crew as I understand.  If someone out there knows how this stuff works better than me, please come to the rescue.   

I don't know what this mean, rowers were added meaning crew is now an official sanction sport at UA and this will go in part of wholly to satisfy title IX issues?

14 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I don't know what this mean, rowers were added meaning crew is now an official sanction sport at UA and this will go in part of wholly to satisfy title IX issues?

Sorry - doing too many things at once here.  Confirmed that rowers were added as plaintiffs to the lawsuit.  School is saying they shouldn't be allowed to sue because they're not already varsity athletes (or were varsity athletes in the case of tennis players).

3 minutes ago, kikuria said:

Sorry - doing too many things at once here.  Confirmed that rowers were added as plaintiffs to the lawsuit.  School is saying they shouldn't be allowed to sue because they're not already varsity athletes (or were varsity athletes in the case of tennis players).

Wow...this just keeps getting better.