UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2017-18 Season

I don't know why and I may just be nuts but I'm a little worried about the three aussies who are redshirting this year. I'm worried one or more will be upset with the redshirt and transfer. It's happened before and I really hope it doesn't happen again. One of them did not seem very enthusiastic on the bench during the last game when the rest of the team was up cheering big makes. I just hope that all three stick it out and understand the long term plan for each of them.

I might be reading way too much into this.

Well one is injured and had surgery...

I don't know why and I may just be nuts but I'm a little worried about the three aussies who are redshirting this year. I'm worried one or more will be upset with the redshirt and transfer. It's happened before and I really hope it doesn't happen again. One of them did not seem very enthusiastic on the bench during the last game when the rest of the team was up cheering big makes. I just hope that all three stick it out and understand the long term plan for each of them.

Well one is injured and had surgery...

Yup, I know the situation with the injury. As I said, I'm probably reading way too much into it.

Is a chance you have to take. Lulka us injured and best case was January return. No way he would be up to speed so I think he understands the red-shirt. As for Healy, he plays point and with David, Ahmad, and Costa ahead of him, no way he gets any playing time, even in trash time. Hank seems to be a bit of a project and having Charles, Greg, Alex and Devonte doing well(and hopefully no injuries), again no PT except last 2 min of a blowout. With graduation of Greg, Charles, Costa, and Alex, Healy and Hank will get time in backup roles next season. Albeit with no exposure to D1 bball.

• Like 1

As for Healy, he plays point and with David, Ahmad, and Costa ahead of him, no way he gets any playing time, even in trash time.

:ph34r:

Next year Rizzuto joins the team and only Costa graduates...Obviously the following year which would be his sophmore, playing time opens up like CRAZY with David and Cremo both graduating.

I've been worried about this with Healy all along. Next season the team is really only losing Anderson but adding Rizzuto at the 1/2 slots. Can a young kid like him wait 2 years to see real playing time? In the 2019-20 season he will be the man as a Soph, but I have to imagine he is itching to play.

On a side note, my 8 year old keeps asking about him and when he will get to see him play. Apparently he assisted with his team at the UAlbany summer basketball camp, and when he remembered my sons name after the purple and gold game, his eye's lit up and he was in love. (this is the same emotional kid that cried when he learned he wouldn't get to see Peter Hooley play anymore)

I am rooting for him to stay and keep the aussie tradition alive!

• Like 4

I've been worried about this with Healy all along. Next season the team is really only losing Anderson but adding Rizzuto at the 1/2 slots. Can a young kid like him wait 2 years to see real playing time? In the 2019-20 season he will be the man as a Soph, but I have to imagine he is itching to play.

On a side note, my 8 year old keeps asking about him and when he will get to see him play. Apparently he assisted with his team at the UAlbany summer basketball camp, and when he remembered my sons name after the purple and gold game, his eye's lit up and he was in love. (this is the same emotional kid that cried when he learned he wouldn't get to see Peter Hooley play anymore)

Problem is, I'm not sure where you play with with how well Costa and Clark are playing in the time given to them...one could argue that each deserves a few more minutes on average. My hope is that Healey sees that if he takes this time to grow his game, the AE will be his oyster as a sophomore with a very talented Rizzuto as running mate.

Edited by Clickclack

To be fair, I think we all cried a little inside when Peter walked off the floor for the last time. Even if he did have a ho hum end to his career in regards to his shooting, etc. IIRC.

RE: Hooley - I think we all did :(

My point was more that Healy seems to be an extremely good kid. He saw my son waiting to meet Brent Hank for our annual picture with the tallest player on the team (the one with Big Rich a few years back still makes me laugh) and Healy made a point to come over and say hi to him by name. I don't think a lot of players would remember some 8 year old from a summer camp, much less make it a point to say hi. That says a lot for his character, and something my son will remember for ever.

• Like 4

I had a much different take.

I think they were teammates at one time or another in Australia and imagine they are friends. I considered it a positive that they all stay in the same class together and go through the program.

• Like 4

Problem is, I'm not sure where you play with with how well Costa and Clark are playing in the time given to them...one could argue that each deserves a few more minutes on average. My hope is that Healey sees that if he takes this time to grow his game, the AE will be his oyster as a sophomore with a very talented Rizzuto as running mate.

Assuming Rizzuto doesn't red shirt.

• Like 3

Kevin ConnorsVerified account @kevconnorsespn

@UAHOOPSWB & @UAlbanyMBB steal Part I of the KC's Mid-Major Minute spotlight tonight thanks to their strong showing in the #GothamClassic! The Great Danes just continue to be Big Doggs! @UAlbanySports #GreatnessLivesHere

ESPN VIDEO: https://twitter.com/kevconnorsespn/status/938619090264100864

• Like 3