UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2017-18 Season

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Thanks for the clarifications.

Anyone know COLA status in mac/$iena? 

I asked around and the entire MAAC offers cola. It may seem like a trivial thing but a kid has two schools on his list...one is going to give him 2k or 3k in spending cash and the other won't...who do you think he'll go with?

Edited by Clickclack

19 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I asked around and the entire MAAC offers cola. It may seem like a trivial thing but a kid has two schools on his list...one is going to give him 2k or 3k in spending cash and the other won't...who do you think he'll go with?

How is this any different than paying a player straight up? Is this spending cash restricted on certain things or they are free to use on whatever they please?

1 hour ago, UA'08 said:

How is this any different than paying a player straight up? Is this spending cash restricted on certain things or they are free to use on whatever they please?

That was kind of the point of it when it was introduced, it was a way to give players some spending money. You can do whatever you want with it as a player, most schools decided to pay it as a lump sum in the beginning of the year. I know of players who just send the money back home to help their families out.

I believe it is able to be spent on anything they please. The NCAA calls it "Cost of Attendance Stipend". It is designed to help defray other costs that are not paid for by a typical scholarship - books, meals, cabs, etc. https://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/article/2015-09-03/cost-attendance-qa 

I can't find a list of the AE teams and what they offer (though I didn't look too hard). Who is the other school that doesn't offer it?  

25 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

I believe it is able to be spent on anything they please. The NCAA calls it "Cost of Attendance Stipend". It is designed to help defray other costs that are not paid for by a typical scholarship - books, meals, cabs, etc. https://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/article/2015-09-03/cost-attendance-qa 

I can't find a list of the AE teams and what they offer (though I didn't look too hard). Who is the other school that doesn't offer it?  

I believe Maine and UNH don't offer...that's the rumor I heard. 

If the league has approved COA, then we need to follow suit. This has been around since 2015 according to espn and Binghamton and Lowell gave $3000 and $2700 respectively for COA and it hasn't helped them one bit. I think COA would help us, but I don't think not having one is causing us to lose recruits. 

SEFCU upgrades need to be priority #1.

1 hour ago, UA'08 said:

If the league has approved COA, then we need to follow suit. This has been around since 2015 according to espn and Binghamton and Lowell gave $3000 and $2700 respectively for COA and it hasn't helped them one bit. I think COA would help us, but I don't think not having one is causing us to lose recruits. 

SEFCU upgrades need to be priority #1.

You'd be surprised and wrong!

UAlbany getting play on the Happy Hour show on MLB network in SXM89. Host calling the Dane's his team and talking about how much better his Dane's were than UMBC. I forget this guy's name, but I liked it.

Edit: I think it's Jody Mcdonald? His ESPN profile says he graduated from Albany State...

Edited by godanesgo99