UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2017-18 Season

SBU lost at home tonight against a 1-12 Norfolk St team. Amazing how AE teams or any mid-major for that matter can be competitive against the big boys many times, on the road no less, and then lay an egg at home against weak teams.

I watched the second half of that game. Weird game. I thought Stony Brook was in cruise control but let them back in it. Norfolk gave them ample chances to get back into it at the end. I think they missed four free throws in a row in the final minute. That was Norfolk's first D1 win the season, their previous win was against a D3 team. One of their losses was to a D3 team also.

The news about Lamb stinks. Hate to see that happen to a kid in the middle of the season.

Apparently 8 weeks... Wow...fee bad for uvm and a great kid/player. This certainly changes things.

Foot fracture.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/sports/college/vermont/2017/12/30/uvms-lamb-out-indefinitely-foot-fracture/992576001/

That's terrible. As bad as this is for them, Albany still has to go out and take care of business. No one is handing us anything just because UVM lost their best player.

Also, I think it's too late for a medical redshirt. Terrible development for them and him.

Not to take anything away from Lamb but I'm not sure he's UVM's best player. TBH is terrific and really makes them go. You could take four guys playing hackey sack on Church Street in Burlington, add TBH and you'd have a contender.

• Like 2

Not to take anything away from Lamb but I'm not sure he's UVM's best player. TBH is terrific and really makes them go. You could take four guys playing hackey sack on Church Street in Burlington, add TBH and you'd have a contender.

I think you are giving him wayyy too much credit there. He's good, but shooting 18% from deep and 65% from the FT line is not what you want from your star point guard. Nichols isn't much better statistically, but he's not losing a Cremo or Charles.

Poke him in the eye a few times and he's nothin'

I think you are giving him wayyy too much credit there. He's good, but shooting 18% from deep and 65% from the FT line is not what you want from your star point guard. Nichols isn't much better statistically, but he's not losing a Cremo or Charles.

I admit I may have exagerated but he's vital to what they do. Wins are probably the most telling stat of a point guard.

I admit I may have exagerated but he's vital to what they do. Wins are probably the most telling stat of a point guard.

After yesterday you are 100% right. I have to remind myself they only one 10 games last year and have pretty much the same group of characters. Expectations were set too high with the deceiving record and soft OOC schedule.

After yesterday you are 100% right. I have to remind myself they only one 10 games last year and have pretty much the same group of characters. Expectations were set too high with the deceiving record and soft OOC schedule.

I disagree...one bad game doesn't in my mind erase Louisville, Iona, Yale etc. They handled their business and we know they can play much better but if they refuse to play defense, then we have no right to expect a win.

• Like 2