UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stuyvesant Plaza

Eli

It did seem a little low .. only in relation to someone trying to throw a last second pass down the court. That's the only time I could think it may hit it, if they chuck it with an arch/rainbow throw.

Edited by MRSGDG

I gotta def think the screens are gone now with this.

One would think this would be correct, but in the pics I have seen where it is being used as a scoreboard, there is no place for video. If they are going to keep the video going throughout the game as they have the last 2 seasons then the dunkin donuts video monitors will still need to be there. While in use as a scoreboard, either they would have to move the score to one of the side panels to show constant video, or only show highlights.

I gotta def think the screens are gone now with this.

One would think this would be correct, but in the pics I have seen where it is being used as a scoreboard, there is no place for video. If they are going to keep the video going throughout the game as they have the last 2 seasons then the dunkin donuts video monitors will still need to be there. While in use as a scoreboard, either they would have to move the score to one of the side panels to show constant video, or only show highlights.

I remember looking up at one corner and def didn't see a side hanging up. I remember thinking the handicapped seating was now viewable, as it was not when the screens were hanging and blocking those seats.

It did seem a little low .. only in relation to someone trying to throw a last second pass down the court. That's the only time I could think it may hit it, if they chuck it with an arch/rainbow throw.

The unit was lowered for the presentation today. The top of the scoreboard will sit level with the bottom of the main roof structure making it roughly 25' above the court floor from the bottom of the assembly.

Edited by Brutus
  • Like 1

My thinking is the score will be on the scrolling/round banner on the bottom and/or the square banner on top. The big screens will be used for replays, crowd pump ups, showing the game (if it's a TV feed, etc.).

That being said, just watched the video thanking SP.

The Hooley shot will never get old. It might never be topped on my list of all-time best sports moments. And I watch a lot of sports, many leagues, many disciplines ranging from racing (F1 and MotoGP) to all the major sports we think of, etc.