UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game 8 - vs Rhode Island - 10/28 - 1PM

I gave them a half today. The best part of the day was the Blue Moon in the beer garden and the band at halftime. Left right after the band. Can’t block, can’t run, can’t tackle, can’t catch, ineffective and indecisive QB. -7 yards rushing??? I’ve seen some awful performances but this one takes the cake. Four weeks of futility. Pounded at home by Rhode Island! Pa-the-tic. I’m beginning to agree. GG is not the answer. Terrible coaching. Losing the team on the sideline.

Gets worse every week. They did move the defensive halfbacks up a couple of yards to about 7- 8 [hey maybe they were listening] on the wideouts but still it is VERY tough for such short guys to play really TALL wideouts. It is simply very hard to believe the offense is that bad!!!! Time for coach Sweeney to get in some asses. That was a terrible display from the O-line!!! TOO many penalties again! QB's are terrible - now we all see why Sussman was benched last year - two games he played more than running the this year he has throw interceptions - just like last year! Why can't U A get a good QB???? Def can NOT be on the field so much and continue to compete - not fair to them and doesn't work!!! We saw what happens today. Just a terrible display. How much longer does Gattuso and the offensive coaches have?????

DISGUSTED!!!!!!! "FREE FORD"

I think gg lost this game on our first offensive series. 4th and 1 or 2 from near midfield. Going into a gale wind & he decides to punt. Even if they did get it off (it was blocked) the best we could have gotten was maybe 20 yds. unless we got a huge role. Really would have been no worse off trying to go for the first. When the team lined up to punt, you could just feel the stands go from early game excitement to BLAND. And so did the team.

On another occasion gg had the third down D on the field, not knowing RI had picked up the 1st on the previous play. Players were scrambling, not knowing if they should be on the field or not. And maybe worse of all; gg was probably the only person in the place who did not know RI was not trying for a field goal in the second qtr. He had the return team out there, even though RI did not make any attempt to hide the fact that they were not kicking. An offensive player (Reeves I believe) actually got hurt on the play limped off and eventually carted to the locker room. Unless, I had the number wrong, he should not even been on the field @ that time?

Edited by dslyank

I checked the box score participation report and it shows that there were five offensive linemen who started and a few more who were substitutes. Could’ve fooled me......

7 sacks......-.3 yards per rush. Minus rushing yardage.

I am not sure Rossamondo is the answer. His teams havent been very good at CCSU...and the NEC is terribly weak right now.

Back to our squad...125. 125 yards of total offense.

Im offended.

As am I... I honestly don't know what else to say. I'd feel better if SOMEONE on this team manned up and said we all collectively apologize to our fans, donors etc. A 1-6 team whipped them like rented mules. Can't wait to hear what gg has to say about it, if he's man enough. I mean the guy is blocking fans/donors on Twitter...

Atrocious. I stayed until the middle of the 4th when it looked like they were mounting a mini-comeback until those two huge drops and then the TD to seal the win.

I don't know what to say. I don't know if it's staff, player execution, the weather...I just don't know. Players were arguing with each other, cussin each other out, looked like they were taking part in a walk-thru and not a game on some plays...no fire. No passion. They've given up on the season and at 5 losses, they stand no chance of the playoffs even if they win out.

Absolute terrible.

And here is Sussman's stats after this game.

** Note: Brunson had 9 rush attempts for -40 yards...do they count the sacks? Or were those legit scrambles/rushes? That's atrocious **

Passing				

Completions	Attempts	Yards	Average	TD	INT
Game 1	0		2		0	0.00	0	0
Game 2	0		0		0	0.00	0	0
Game 3	1		2		23	23.00	0	0
Game 4	0		0		0	0.00	0	0
Game 5	3		7		23	7.67	0	0
Game 6	2		3		38	19.00	0	0
Game 7	0		0		0	0.00	0	0
Game 8	5		11		73	14.60	0	1
Total	11		25		157	14.27	0	1

Rushing				

Attempts	Yards	Average	TD	Long	
Game 1	4		14	3.50	1	4	
Game 2	11		48	4.36	0	14	
Game 3	7		24	3.43	1	9	
Game 4	4		5	1.25	0	5	
Game 5	3		-4	-1.33	0	0	
Game 6	3		7	2.33	0	10	
Game 7	1		0	0.00	0	0	
Game 8	5		14	2.80	0	13	
Total	38		108	2.84	2	14	

I am not sure Rossamondo is the answer. His teams haven’t been very good at CCSU...and the NEC is terribly weak right now.

I’m offended.

I am not sure Rossamondo is the answer. His teams havent been very good at CCSU...and the NEC is terribly weak right now.

Im offended.

As am I... I honestly don't know what else to say. I'd feel better if SOMEONE on this team manned up and said we all collectively apologize to our fans, donors etc. A 1-6 team whipped them like rented mules. Can't wait to hear what gg has to say about it, if he's man enough. I mean the guy is blocking fans/donors on Twitter...

Wasn’t claiming he was. Just stating who was a finalist. KC Keeeler went to Sam Houston, Ryan McCarthy was a finalist who was assistant head coach at the time. Can’t remember who else they interviewed. Hate to say it guys but GG ain’t leaving unless we all want to buy out his contract. We don’t have that kind of money as a school. This isn’t florida.

• Like 1

Im offended.

Im offended.

Wasnt claiming he was. Just stating who was a finalist. KC Keeeler went to Sam Houston, Ryan McCarthy was a finalist who was assistant head coach at the time. Cant remember who else they interviewed. Hate to say it guys but GG aint leaving unless we all want to buy out his contract. We dont have that kind of money as a school. This isnt florida.
Agreed - we don't have the money to do a buyout. I just wonder how long he can remain loyal to his friends / coaches. The offensive line (actually, the entire offense) has struggled since the coaching staff started 4 years ago.

There was a road game online a year or two ago (maybe Maine?). Their announcer made a point about the transition from coaching in a non scholarship environment (like Duquesne) to a full scholarship environment. To paraphrase, it becomes more about X's and O's and less about getting a few superstar players. For those that don't remember, Duquesne had Leigh Bodden who went on to play about 10 years in the. NFL, they also had Neil Loebig who was a record setting quarterback. When you have that kind of talent in a non scholarship league, the coordinators and position coaching don't have to be great. I think this applies to us as well as Lance Leipold at Buffalo who came from a division 3 power.

I'm still optimistic that we can turn things around next year . Just think coach has to make some tough decisions.

Edited by reeder

Last year, the entire o line and the top sub were all Bob Ford signees. The first GG year I note four NLI o linemen. Madaras and Madaras, Bowman and Ritter. Ritter is part of the sieve and I don’t think the other three ever saw the field. I might add that Nicastro, Hatalsky and Brad Harris are all BoFo. First year GG QBs are long gone. I can’t cry too much over year one, but what followed has not been good for the o line or QB positions. Unquestionably, EB was a great get along with some othe skill players. But without the line and QB they are wasted. TU points out that URI was last in defense in the CAA, allowing 443.9 yards per game...and we could only manage 125. Embarrassing loss that I plant at the feet of the coaching staff.

• Like 1