UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

10/28 MBB Exhibition Hurricane Relief (UA @ WV)

Disappointed in FT shooting and Cochran and Campbell combining for double digit TOs.

I had heard Clark, Conway and Nichols all have missed practice time recently.

On a positive note with all the turnovers we still got to the FT Line quite a bit and we rebounded decently against a very athletic team.

There is a reason we have two scrimmages every year before our 1st game, hopefully they learned from this thrashing!!!

Travis Charles had a solid offensive game - In 20 min 15pts (on 5 for 9 shooting), 7 rebs and 0 turnovers

We shouldn't have many nights where Nichols and Cremo combine to go 4 for 18 (credit to WVU defense).

I guess it's time to suck it up and get back to work. It appears that there's a lot of work to get done.

At first I was extremely disappointed by how much we lost by. I know I may have rose colored glasses on but I am expecting this team to be very very good . However an exhibition loss like this may drive home coach Brown's message and really make the players focus on what they need to do.

Only time will tell.

• Like 1

At first I was extremely disappointed by how much we lost by. I know I may have rose colored glasses on but I am expecting this team to be very very good . However an exhibition loss like this may drive home coach Brown's message and really make the players focus on what they need to do.

Only time will tell.

I think you need to look at the competition not just our team. WVU voted 2nd behind Kansas in the Big 12 preseason poll. They are 10th in the USA Today Coaches preseason poll. They play a tenacious press that will be better than ANY we see in the regular season. Be concerned about the fouls picked up by Nichols and Clark, not the margin of defeat. WVU should be competing for a national championship we have no shot at that.

• Like 3

A little like the Cincinati game last year. They force the ball out of your point guard's hand and make someone else handle (and turn it over.) In the Cincinati game it was Cremo, last night it was Campbell.

If there's a bright spot, it's that if Foster and Travis Charles can have good nights against WVU they can probably do it against anybody on our regular season schedule.

In a couple of weeks we'll hopefully remember the lessons from this game and forget the result.

Edited by Dane Pound
  • Like 2