UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

On 5/8/2018 at 5:50 PM, Dane96 said:

He announced he was transferring back in April.

Recovering from surgery.

I know that.  Wondering what all the interest from us means.  Did we offer him?  Is he coming north?

Columbia and Rhode Island are after him now as well.

Edited by HOF2013

Nycholas Burns, QB, P, 6'5" 197lbs, 4.6  40 yd,  NORTHEASTERN OKLAHOMA A&M GOLDEN NORSEMEN MIAMI OK;  https://twitter.com/search?q=NYCQB1

https://twitter.com/NycholasBurns   https://www.hudl.com/video/3/2560274/5721e8779a90ec5540aec955
Extremely grateful to receive a division 1 full scholarship to the University of Albany! #GoGreatDanes @JuCoFootballACE – at NEO A&M College

We have an official visit from Nyc Burns on May 16.

Seems like we are also going after Jake Allen the Florida "Gator" transfer.  QB might be really crowded.  Brunson and Sussman will HAVE to see the handwriting on the wall I would guess.  And what about the young guys who have committed??  Just wondering out loud.  BUT neither Burns or Allen have committed soooo it is all speculation.

Edited by HOF2013

58 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Have to love a kid who wants to be here:

https://twitter.com/NycholasBurns/status/996158919721570305

He does have an official with UT Martin next week.

Seems really excited to visit though.  I agree that he seems to want to be here.  Ohio Valley Conference can't compare to the CAA!  My opinion

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

We have a new Great Dane recruit joining the UAlbany purple family...official announcement tomorrow!

Nycholas Burns maybe???

Edited by HOF2013

4 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Nope not him, though from his posts on Twitter he seems to be having a good time. The new recruit is a new adopted great Dane puppy

I already saw that - saw an announcement today!!  So how could it be the one for tomorrow.  Just wondering!

25 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Is this good?

Like I thought yesterday!  MORE competition at QB.  Wonder if the others will all stay!

Beyond good.  Remember, Testerverde and Sussman graduate.  Burns has 3 years left.   To me the competition is Burns, Testerverde, and Brunson.  Neither Brunson or Testerverde grabbed the position in spring ball.  I mean, Coach even alluded to his frustrations that one didn’t go grab it.  

The two frosh signal callers would have been redshirted no matter what...so this gives us balance.  

Super excited, and Burns has played games so his biggest challenge will be learning the playbook and jelling with the guys. Frankly, without meeting the kid but going just off social media...I believe he will have zero issues with either task 

On 5/18/2018 at 1:01 PM, Dane96 said:

Beyond good.  Remember, Testerverde and Sussman graduate.  Burns has 3 years left.   To me the competition is Burns, Testerverde, and Brunson.  Neither Brunson or Testerverde grabbed the position in spring ball.  I mean, Coach even alluded to his frustrations that one didn’t go grab it.  

The two frosh signal callers would have been redshirted no matter what...so this gives us balance.  

Super excited, and Burns has played games so his biggest challenge will be learning the playbook and jelling with the guys. Frankly, without meeting the kid but going just off social media...I believe he will have zero issues with either task 

100% agree.  Watching all his videos.  Think he will be good!  I think Coach Gatusso did the right thing hiring Davis as OC and QB coach.    He is really going for kids he wants to run the Off.  Hey, may not be the popular thing to say BUT it is time they all woke up.  The past means nothing, even if we feel bad for the other QB's.  We HAVE to get better on Offense.

May now drop the Allen kid from Florida I would guess.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1