UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

On 5/9/2018 at 3:16 PM, HOF2013 said:

Nycholas Burns, QB, P, 6'5" 197lbs, 4.6  40 yd,  NORTHEASTERN OKLAHOMA A&M GOLDEN NORSEMEN MIAMI OK;  https://twitter.com/search?q=NYCQB1

https://twitter.com/NycholasBurns   https://www.hudl.com/video/3/2560274/5721e8779a90ec5540aec955
Extremely grateful to receive a division 1 full scholarship to the University of Albany! #GoGreatDanes @JuCoFootballACE – at NEO A&M College

We have an official visit from Nyc Burns on May 16.

Seems like we are also going after Jake Allen the Florida "Gator" transfer.  QB might be really crowded.  Brunson and Sussman will HAVE to see the handwriting on the wall I would guess.  And what about the young guys who have committed??  Just wondering out loud.  BUT neither Burns or Allen have committed soooo it is all speculation.

Jake Allen committed to Dartmouth

3 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Jake Allen committed to Dartmouth

Saw that yesterday.  BUT we got Nycholas Burns and a bunch of others now

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2018 at 1:01 PM, Dane96 said:

Besides getting highly touted Kessy Desir back from injury, Albany landed Temple transfer Benjamin Israel.  6’1 316 OG.  TWO YEARS eligibility 

Benson Israel  https://247sports.com/player/benson-israel-60591

I saw the Coach Gattuso Video.

Edited by HOF2013

Wonder what happens when they sign a letter of Intent and don't show up??  For some reason these guys are not listed on the new roster.  Guys have to report tomorrow maybe.  OR MAYBE they just are not here yet???  Hard to know.

TE Ian Renninger 6' 6" 225 lbs is not on the new 2018 roster??!!  

Marlon Jett Serbin late signing QB out of Florida  is also not on the 2018 roster

Donte Mount also not on 2018 roster - he did play in the spring game

Michael Bobak - the PK is not on the roster

Jake Cuomo 5' 7" 155 lb Kicker  is not on the roster

Luke Clement 6' 4" 175 lbs Kicker Holy Trinity HS Troy  not on the roster - maybe a few of these guys are walk on and have to MAKE the team

Nick Griffin - local kid who I thought who was a Junior Last year is not on the roster

Marquis Thornes FR last year is not on the roster

Craig Ransom - RB is not on the roster

Kendall Rodgers Jr from Californaia is not on the roster

Julian Desire a Defensive Lineman is a transfer from Pitt 6'3", 215 lbs, Uniondale, NY  I think he has three years of eligibility left

ALSO

Jaymare Fleming Offensive Lineman, 5' 10" 230, Benedictine College Prep [Military Prep School], Henrico Virginia

ALSO

Julian Conover, 5' 3" 205 Lbs, LB Highland Falls, NY was a 2016 HS graduate and transferred from Temple FB team where he was a walkon.  He was  redshirted so has at least 4 yrs left. NY State kid

There are 23 new guys counting Greg Stire

Date of Birth 1/9/1998
Height, Weight 6'3", 215 lbs
From Uniondale, NY
Class Freshman*
Conference ACC
Edited by HOF2013

9 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Wonder what happens when they sign a letter of Intent and don't show up??  For some reason these guys are not listed on the new roster.  Guys have to report tomorrow maybe.  OR MAYBE they just are not here yet???  Hard to know.

TE Ian Renninger 6' 6" 225 lbs is not on the new 2018 roster??!!  

Marlon Jett Serbin late signing QB out of Florida  is also not on the 2018 roster

Donte Mount also not on 2018 roster - he did play in the spring game

Michael Bobak - the PK is not on the roster

Jake Cuomo 5' 7" 155 lb Kicker  is not on the roster

Luke Clement 6' 4" 175 lbs Kicker Holy Trinity HS Troy  not on the roster - maybe a few of these guys are walk on and have to MAKE the team

Nick Griffin - local kid who I thought who was a Junior Last year is not on the roster

Marquis Thornes FR last year is not on the roster

Craig Ransom - RB is not on the roster

Kendall Rodgers Jr from Californaia is not on the roster

Julian Desire a Defensive Lineman is a transfer from Pitt 6'3", 215 lbs, Uniondale, NY  I think he has three years of eligibility left

ALSO

Jaymare Fleming Offensive Lineman, 5' 10" 230, Benedictine College Prep [Military Prep School], Henrico Virginia

ALSO

Julian Conover, 5' 3" 205 Lbs, LB Highland Falls, NY was a 2016 HS graduate and transferred from Temple FB team where he was a walkon.  He was  redshirted so has at least 4 yrs left. NY State kid

There are 23 new guys counting Greg Stire

Date of Birth 1/9/1998
Height, Weight 6'3", 215 lbs
From Uniondale, NY
Class Freshman*
Conference ACC

I see Griffin and Thorne on there. Looks like a work in progress. 

51 minutes ago, jimbo said:

I see Griffin and Thorne on there. Looks like a work in progress. 

Weren't yesterday.  That's a little f'd up.  Why would they publish the roster and not include everyone??  

Edited by HOF2013

15 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Weren't yesterday.  That's a little f'd up.  Why would they publish the roster and not include everyone??  

When I looked it also had a lot of class years noted as "UNK". SO they don't have determinations of their class year/eligibility year status? Maybe they didn't intend to make this public and someone goofed? It makes no sense to post a draft.

The 2018 roster just went up this week, and changes are still being made. I'd rather they put up what they know ASAP, than wait until everything's finalized when they're on the plane to Pittsburgh.

Renninger and Mount are the only two of this year's signing day announcement that are not listed.

• Like 1

Would be a blow if Solt was not on the roster.  According to Renninger's twitter page, he's still coming to UA.  Retweeted the equipment room delivery video.

Some notes:

Julian Desire is a former walk-on (who red-shirted) player at Pittsburgh.  He's a DL w/ three years of eligibility.  Probably more of an end or OLB.

Kareem Gibson is the DB transfer from UVA.  Played some significant minutes in 2016.  Think he was hurt in 2017.

Elijah Haynes is a 6'2 210 DE/OLB  who was in the Top 100 Virginia list.  

We added TWO Temple transfers: 

Julian Conover-  a walkon who has three years left. Played at Don Bosco in HS. 6'3 220  OLB.  We added, as noted a few days ago, Benson Israel.  

Jaymare Fleming was a late add out of Benedictine Prep, a military academy in Virginia.  Produces some great athletes.  He's an OL.  

https://www.benedictinecollegeprep.org/news/post/~post/12-for-12

I don't see Justin Walker on the roster...and I hope that's not the case.  He's a Senior and was a highly productive transfer last year.  He played in the Spring Game so I hope he's not a casualty, academic or otherwise.

QBs- As we know, Joe Davis and Will Fiacchi weren't messing around and he brought in a stable to compete.  We have two seniors, Sussman and Testerverde.  Since Testerverde didn't just take the job from Brunson in camp, I think it is an open competition including newcomer Nyc Burns...and it would not shock me to see Nyc end up our starter at some point in the season.  Jake Thompson, who had three years left, transferred to St John's Fisher and I think that's a great move for him.  No doubt WIll Fiacchi helped him get that transfer (he coached there).  

Going forward, Brunson has two years, Burns has 3 years, Undercuffler and Zenelovic (both big boys) have four years and are likely redshirts.  Ta'von Granison is a multi-faceted player and more likely a wildcat and used as a WR/DB (just a guess).  Marlon Jett Serbin still has UA on his twitter...and as an athlete even though he played QB.  I can see him being a WR/Safety. Kid has a physical body ready to go now.  Hopefully we still see him on the completed roster.  

Running backs- interesting- they have EIH as a Sr.  That's why this roster is definitely NOT complete, he's a RS Jr.  We look VERY thin at the position.  I mean, we do have two studs in Ibitoken and Mofor...but not much after that for depth (two guys).  

2 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Would be a blow if Solt was not on the roster.  According to Renninger's twitter page, he's still coming to UA.  Retweeted the equipment room delivery video.

Some notes:

Julian Desire is a former walk-on (who red-shirted) player at Pittsburgh.  He's a DL w/ three years of eligibility.  Probably more of an end or OLB.

Kareem Gibson is the DB transfer from UVA.  Played some significant minutes in 2016.  Think he was hurt in 2017.

Elijah Haynes is a 6'2 210 DE/OLB  who was in the Top 100 Virginia list.  

We added TWO Temple transfers: 

Julian Conover-  a walkon who has three years left. Played at Don Bosco in HS. 6'3 220  OLB.  We added, as noted a few days ago, Benson Israel.  

Jaymare Fleming was a late add out of Benedictine Prep, a military academy in Virginia.  Produces some great athletes.  He's an OL.  

https://www.benedictinecollegeprep.org/news/post/~post/12-for-12

I don't see Justin Walker on the roster...and I hope that's not the case.  He's a Senior and was a highly productive transfer last year.  He played in the Spring Game so I hope he's not a casualty, academic or otherwise.

QBs- As we know, Joe Davis and Will Fiacchi weren't messing around and he brought in a stable to compete.  We have two seniors, Sussman and Testerverde.  Since Testerverde didn't just take the job from Brunson in camp, I think it is an open competition including newcomer Nyc Burns...and it would not shock me to see Nyc end up our starter at some point in the season.  Jake Thompson, who had three years left, transferred to St John's Fisher and I think that's a great move for him.  No doubt WIll Fiacchi helped him get that transfer (he coached there).  

Going forward, Brunson has two years, Burns has 3 years, Undercuffler and Zenelovic (both big boys) have four years and are likely redshirts.  Ta'von Granison is a multi-faceted player and more likely a wildcat and used as a WR/DB (just a guess).  Marlon Jett Serbin still has UA on his twitter...and as an athlete even though he played QB.  I can see him being a WR/Safety. Kid has a physical body ready to go now.  Hopefully we still see him on the completed roster.  

Running backs- interesting- they have EIH as a Sr.  That's why this roster is definitely NOT complete, he's a RS Jr.  We look VERY thin at the position.  I mean, we do have two studs in Ibitoken and Mofor...but not much after that for depth (two guys).  

I forgot Solt - I went back to look at the 2017 roster and he is not listed??  Very weird. . Jaymare Fleming is listed a O L but is only 5' 10" 234 - weird to have him playing against 300 lbs guys who are 6'4" and up

Edited by HOF2013