UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #11 12/09/17 7:37 vs Siena at TUC

Just heard on 104.5's upload of AD Benson's spot that we didn't even split revenue Saturday night, all to Siena. If you needed even more reason to think that last contract wasn't up to par to what is fair for Albany.

Want to make clear that I'm not saying the last contract wasn't a step in the right direction, it was and it was a solid move...but it was also us bending over backwards for Siena once again, and the time for that is completely done.

Edited by ZLK
  • Like 1

No I wouldn't

He was responsible for the deal, correct?

Is he admitting that he fell short of an acceptable deal?

Yeah he was, but I wouldn't say that at all. I think Siena was so far stuck up their own ass that it was the only way you got them into SEFCU so it was worth doing once. He was new at the time, do you really want to be the guy that gets blamed for ending these games your first/second year in town?

It's time to step up now though, there's absolutely no reason to not have a home and home. You don't need to play a team that is going to hurt your RPI who has already leaked that they won't step foot on your home court again. Siena can try and spin it however they want to the community, if they don't want a home and home it's their fault this ends, not Albany's because they're done doing everything they can to appease Siena and their fans.

• Like 2

Just heard on 104.5's upload of AD Benson's spot that we didn't even split revenue Saturday night, all to Siena. If you needed even more reason to think that last contract wasn't up to par to what is fair for Albany.

Want to make clear that I'm not saying the last contract wasn't a step in the right direction, it was and it was a solid move...but it was also us bending over backwards for Siena once again, and the time for that is completely done.

This is absolutely unacceptable... Walk away!

• Like 1

Were the rest of the gotham tournament financial terms disclosed. Home vs Bryant, away at Memphis and loiusville. Still could ok in total although I am with you , it is certainly time to drop LCC until they properly respect the top dog in town

Nothing else disclosed, I'd assume we go to Bryant next year...Memphis and Louisville are buy games for us. Not sure what we made off of them, but I'm sure it's not chump change.

You only call something a "classic" so they get counted as exempt games. Has nothing to do with where the money is going. I'd be willing to bet we worked out all of our contracts with the teams we played individually with the Siena three year deal already in place.

Edited by ZLK

I hate to be at odds with many of my friends here, but, this deal was known from Day 1. It was a 3 year contract, first year a Siena home game, second year a UAlbany home game, third year a tournament game at TUC, not to be included in either team's season ticket package and to be Siena's home game within the three mid-major roundrobin which guaranteed each of the three one home game. Ours vs Bryant. Siena's vs us and Bryant's vs Siena.

None of this is news. And, to be fair to Benson, as opposed to all prior years and contracts, he came away with a home game and another game in which our fans got equal access to seats, which was a major complaint at the time. Let's not revise history.

• Like 5

Were the rest of the gotham tournament financial terms disclosed. Home vs Bryant, away at Memphis and loiusville. Still could ok in total although I am with you , it is certainly time to drop LCC until they properly respect the top dog in town

Nothing else disclosed, I'd assume we go to Bryant next year...Memphis and Louisville are buy games for us. Not sure what we made off of them, but I'm sure it's not chump change.

You only call something a "classic" so they get counted as exempt games. Has nothing to do with where the money is going. I'd be willing to bet we worked out all of our contracts with the teams we played individually with the Siena three year deal already in place.

Not sure if that is true regarding Bryant. Guess we will find out. I looked up last year's Gotham classic. In that low major rider hosted Kennesaw St and played someone else on the road. I don't see rider going to Kennesaw St this season or on the 15-16 schedule.

In any event if Albany got good money from the classic and doesn't have to go to Bryant it isn't that bad . Especially for me. I get a new state for seeing the Danes tomorrow and none of my money went to LCC

Edited by bob87

I hate to be at odds with many of my friends here, but, this deal was known from Day 1. It was a 3 year contract, first year a Siena home game, second year a UAlbany home game, third year a tournament game at TUC, not to be included in either team's season ticket package and to be Siena's home game within the three mid-major roundrobin which guaranteed each of the three one home game. Ours vs Bryant. Siena's vs us and Bryant's vs Siena.

None of this is news. And, to be fair to Benson, as opposed to all prior years and contracts, he came away with a home game and another game in which our fans got equal access to seats, which was a major complaint at the time. Let's not revise history.

Agree

Even though I don't pay to go to any LCC games, the 3 year contract was the best by far for those of you who do go to our game there

Not sure where the report of split concessions even came from then. Going to assume I either saw it on this board or on Twitter.

Were the gotham tournament 'details: financial and other' known back in '14 when the contract was made?

Or was it to be a TBD neutral game?

Feel like everyone got the idea of a "neutral" game just because of the ticket allotments. Really all it was is that Albany fans were actually able to get seats worth sitting in at the TUC. Honestly, between that and having the home game last year that was a huge step in the right direction.

• Like 1

Statefan, thanks for revisiting the actual terms of the contract for us all here on this board. Yes, I think some of us got carried away with details on the arrangements for this year's Siena game. You make good points that there was not even close to real equity in this game, but you also stated that it was an improvement over previous contracts with last year's game at SEFCU.

If the series continues (and I'm not so thrilled about it any more), then more equity has to be built in. Over a three-year span LCC should be coming to our place two of those times. They are more desperate than we are now.