UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #11 12/09/17 7:37 vs Siena at TUC

Winner take all is great in theory but completely unrealistic. Home and Home. Or as UA '08 mentioned to me, they can pay us 50 grand+ to visit every year.

No way in hell would I give them a home game for a mere 50k. They get minimum 4000 extra fans for a game vs us. At conservative $20 per ticket that is 80k before anything else including their sponsorships have more value if they reach people they don't normally.

If they want the extra home that badly they should pay much more than the extra revenue for the game. Otherwise home and home which in my opinion is still doing their dying program a favor :)

Edited by bob87
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Congrat to Siena on securing home court for their PIG tournament game

Lets focus on our own issues. Sometimes I dont get our obsession with that team in Loudonville. Maybe its because I dont live in the capital district so I dont have to hear any news on Siena except on BPF.

I thought about this the other day, please let me know what you all think because I very serious about this.

Siena stance has been, the game is for the community. That's why they won't come to the Sefcu. Well this will solve it:

Sign a 4 year deal. Every year the game is at the Times Union Center. In return Albany gets 80 percent of the revenue. Siena will keep 20 percent to pay for operational costs.

If it's really about the community Siena would sign this asap. The game stays and Siena losses no money. When they say NO, and we all know they will, they can never again state it's all about the community.

They get the home field advantage and nobody is closed out and in return we get all the money .

All kidding aside given what they are arguing, it's perfect .

Lets focus on our own issues. Sometimes I dont get our obsession with that team in Loudonville. Maybe its because I dont live in the capital district so I dont have to hear any news on Siena except on BPF.

They are far more infatuated with 'lil bro'. At any time, there is 3-4 threads about UA on their forum whilst here, we usually only have one per season and it's the game thread for that season.

They are far more infatuated with 'lil bro'. At any time, there is 3-4 threads about UA on their forum whilst here, we usually only have one per season and it's the game thread for that season.

Plus how many people follow Albany sports and follow no other sports.

Some here occasionally comment on the Knicks. I never do as I don't follow the NBA at all. But I do follow the maac a little with a former (Albany) assistant coach at Iona and I also enjoyed hearing 23 LCC results so far this season ?

Edited by bob87
  • Like 1

I have to disagree some. Love that we are better. Love that they are down. But in general isn’t it better if they are up as well? Better for the Capital District? Better for the annual (maybe not anymore) match up? Frankly I do not see how Siena keeps JP after this year after a sad season, his worst season and a now solidly losing record. Especially with his record of losing players. The only reason they would keep him is $$$.

I have to disagree some. Love that we are better. Love that they are down. But in general isnt it better if they are up as well? Better for the Capital District? Better for the annual (maybe not anymore) match up? Frankly I do not see how Siena keeps JP after this year after a sad season, his worst season and a now solidly losing record. Especially with his record of losing players. The only reason they would keep him is $$$.

No it best for capital district to have exciting Albany games the whole year. football in the fall, lacrosse in the spring and basketball in the middle. Capital district does just fine with LCC not having enough men to field a football team and having a lacrosse team not competitve enough to remain on the schedule. We will also do just fine if LCC doesn't want to continue the basketball series when they admit they can't compete there either ;)

• Like 1