UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #11 12/09/17 7:37 vs Siena at TUC

Man I love reading their board. It's great material.

Can they talk about a winning program? Nope.

Can they talk about a great coach? Nope.

Can they talk about winning a rivalry game most years? Nope.

Can they talk about any of their other sports being nationally recognized or consistent tough outs? Nope.

Can they talk about a $iena-for-brains coach? Yep.

Can they talk about another fan base or lack there of? Yep.

Can they talk about their supposed palace being better than some other arena? Yep.

Can they talk about their supposed supremacy in forum traffic? Yep.

That is LITERALLY the epitome of a bunch of losers. All they can do is throw shade at inconsequential things in the hopes of elevating themselves on miniscule levels.

What a riot.

Keep sucking, $iena. ?????

Edit: I can't wait to read their board after Vermont destroys them. Sky is always falling over there.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 6

I thought the seats and legroom at the TUC were very uncomfortable. When the SEFCU gets renovated, I hope the seats are not like that!

I agree. In previous years sitting in the nosebleeds it sucked. My knees would constantly be against the back of the seat in front of me. This year I got the row by the railing and it was much better...but those seats are few.

We just need to use the same chair backs and space we currently have and just do the whole arena like that. I have no issues at SEFCU with my knees touching other seats. I'm not a big guy either.......at least in the height department ?

Home and home or nothing. It doesn't matter if they call the 3rd game neutral NCAA sees it as a home Siena game.

If you are okay that once every 3 years "not everyone gets to go to the game" than why not every 2 yrs? Makes no sense. Dumb argument.

Siena said they got flack from their fans since they didnt all get to go to the game at SEFCU...what do you UA admins have been hearing for 17yrs?

Siena wants to get 66% their way and 33% our way. Sorry, needs to be 50/50.

Such a tired discussion. Anyway, hope we do home and home or nothing at all. Rather get a road money game that will help our SOS.

Don't let UA admin off the hook on this. No way does a team who's 2-6 gets to dictate terms. We not them are the far more accomplished athletic department, throw that weight around. Home and home or kick rocks.

Never said UA admin should get off the hook. I was saying the Siena admins complained their fans complained to them ONE year. Our UA admins/coaches have been hearing complaints for 17 years. Their admins can suck it up. That's what I was implying.

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 2

Not sure if anyone mentioned this... and I agree that Fatsos is a freaking lunatic.....

Did anyone notice how he practically sprinted down the handshake line at the end of the game?

The guy needs psychiatric help. His players copy his rude, obnoxious personality.

To be fair (though I don’t know why we should), he did put an arm around Cremo and talk to him a bit

Not sure if anyone mentioned this... and I agree that Fatsos is a freaking lunatic.....

Did anyone notice how he practically sprinted down the handshake line at the end of the game?

The guy needs psychiatric help. His players copy his rude, obnoxious personality.

To be fair (though I dont know why we should), he did put an arm around Cremo and talk to him a bit

Probably said something like:

"I really wish you came to play for us. Can you try making a basket in our basket again like you did your first year? We really could use a player like you. I'd never let you ride the 2nd bus or take a commercial flight. Wanna transfer? Oh, and tell Brown he sucks."

It's just really simple, I don't know of any other matchup/rivalry who are on the same level high/high or mid/mid where there isn't a home and home. There's no reason for us to play the game if they're going to keep viewing us as inferior to them. We split concessions yesterday? Yippee! Play a buy game on the road instead of this game and we make more money.

I'm sure our kids like the game, their kids definitely like the game and fans in the area like the game. Consistently winning it over the past 8 years has done nothing to grow our fanbase, it's not like our attendance has seen a huge spike, the exposure is worthless at this point. It's DISRESPECTFUL that they can possibly think we aren't worthy of a home and home and at this point they can honestly F themselves.

I really see no benefit, when for a long while all most of us begged for was what wouldn't even have been a neutral game (exactly what they did last night)...all of a sudden Siena is the savior of the region and wants the neutral game....Bing off Siena, after yesterday I'm done with you until you show the Albany program the respect it deserves.

• Like 4

It's just really simple, I don't know of any other matchup/rivalry who are on the same level high/high or mid/mid where there isn't a home and home. There's no reason for us to play the game if they're going to keep viewing us as inferior to them. We split concessions yesterday? Yippee! Play a buy game on the road instead of this game and we make more money.

I'm sure our kids like the game, their kids definitely like the game and fans in the area like the game. Consistently winning it over the past 8 years has done nothing to grow our fanbase, it's not like our attendance has seen a huge spike, the exposure is worthless at this point. It's DISRESPECTFUL that they can possibly think we aren't worthy of a home and home and at this point they can honestly F themselves.

I really see no benefit, when for a long while all most of us begged for was what wouldn't even have been a neutral game (exactly what they did last night)...all of a sudden Siena is the savior of the region and wants the neutral game....Bing off Siena, after yesterday I'm done with you until you show the Albany program the respect it deserves.

Well said and welcome to the club. I have been done with them for a number of years because of that lack of respect for the areas top dog. I will pretty much go to any game anywhere in the country before I will give them even $1 to go to any of theirs.

I have been going to Albany-Siena games for 60 years. The first four as a player(2 wins,2 losses) and the remainder as a spectator. This is an important event in the Capital District. This year was an excellent option. UA got great seats. The games were great.

Concessions are over priced! I would favor this years set up with the game being out of season packages and being split until UA can update SEFCU to 6000+ seats. Then Home and Home makes sense!!

Well put... Kick rocks... I hope everyone boycotts this thing if it goes back to the TUC next year.

Can we do home and home but at the TUC? Let the UA announcers and graphics, get some replacement pieces of the court for TUC, and make it part of the season ticket packages for both schools? Let UA season ticket fans pick their seats at TUC based on GDAC standing and require an upcost if wanting better seats at the TUC?

I'd rather home and home, or end the series, but it is a great event for local basketball fans and both programs. I'd rather keep it going as long as it is equitable. At the current rate Siena might be begging for a 2 years at SEFCU for every year at TUC :)

• Like 1

Can we do home and home but at the TUC? Let the UA announcers and graphics, get some replacement pieces of the court for TUC, and make it part of the season ticket packages for both schools? Let UA season ticket fans pick their seats at TUC based on GDAC standing and require an upcost if wanting better seats at the TUC?

I'd rather home and home, or end the series, but it is a great event for local basketball fans and both programs. I'd rather keep it going as long as it is equitable. At the current rate Siena might be begging for a 2 years at SEFCU for every year at TUC :)

Take a year or two off... They will come crawling back.

• Like 1