UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Bernard Clark headed to Robert Morris as Head Coach

Per FootballScoop

Robert Morris (FCS – PA): Source tells FootballScoop Albany defensive coordinator Bernard Clark is expected to become the new head coach at Robert Morris. A former NFL linebacker with the Bengals and Seahawks, Clark has served on the Albany staff the past four seasons. He has also coached at Hampton, Colorado State, FIU, Liberty, South Florida and James Madison.

Per FootballScoop

Robert Morris (FCS PA): Source tells FootballScoop Albany defensive coordinator Bernard Clark is expected to become the new head coach at Robert Morris. A former NFL linebacker with the Bengals and Seahawks, Clark has served on the Albany staff the past four seasons. He has also coached at Hampton, Colorado State, FIU, Liberty, South Florida and James Madison.

Happy for Bernard... But that sucks for us. Hopefully gattuso has a friend who used to be an offensive coordinator at a local hs to fill the void.

• Like 2

Per FootballScoop

Robert Morris (FCS PA): Source tells FootballScoop Albany defensive coordinator Bernard Clark is expected to become the new head coach at Robert Morris. A former NFL linebacker with the Bengals and Seahawks, Clark has served on the Albany staff the past four seasons. He has also coached at Hampton, Colorado State, FIU, Liberty, South Florida and James Madison.

Happy for Bernard... But that sucks for us. Hopefully gattuso has a friend who used to be an offensive coordinator at a local hs to fill the void.

87be47290fcc3fa02dc0d6fae882c5c96dff7ff1

That being said, we let the wrong Bernard go.

Bernard Clark = great coach

Joe Barnard = Ugh. Still here?

• Like 1

Per FootballScoop

87be47290fcc3fa02dc0d6fae882c5c96dff7ff1

That being said, we let the wrong Bernard go.

Bernard Clark = great coach

Joe Barnard = Ugh. Still here?

Wasn't a choice... The man is free to be a head coach.

Seems a done deal. Congrats to Coach Clark. Well deserved. Ok, so slide Dudzinski into the DC slot. OC....God help us. Please please please...we need a new OC. Or, slide Joe B over to DC, where he actually HAS experience, and get a legit OC. But what the heck do I know? Another year of offense like this past one and I may have to rethink my Saturday activity.

• Like 1

Seems a done deal. Congrats to Coach Clark. Well deserved. Ok, so slide Dudzinski into the DC slot. OC....God help us. Please please please...we need a new OC. Or, slide Joe B over to DC, where he actually HAS experience, and get a legit OC. But what the heck do I know? Another year of offense like this past one and I may have to rethink my Saturday activity.

This makes too much sense. Have a defensive minded coach coach the D...and an offensive minded coach coach the O...so therefore, to quote Shark Tank, Gattuso is out (on the idea).

• Like 1

I checked out the RMU board and everyone was down on Clark until it looked inevitable and then they started taking a closer look at UAs 2017 schedule and realized that it was the offense that was the problem. Not their first choice, but they can see the benefits. They do point out that Clark is GGs recruiting closer so that cant help us.

Edited by jimbo

Not good news. Clark is a great Defensive coach, which has been the strong part of the team since Coach Gatusso hired him. My BIG concern is that guys who have committed to Albany will uncommit or not sign the NLI because they think Clark is leaving!!! Which is why I am Shocked that this thread would be started the DAY BEFORE NLI signings are to take place.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

Not good news. Clark is a great Defensive coach, which has been the strong part of the team since Coach Gatusso hired him. My BIG concern is that guys who have committed to Albany will uncommit or not sign the NLI because they think Clark is leaving!!! Which is why I am Shocked that this thread would be started the DAY BEFORE NLI signings are to take place.

You really think those kids get all of their UA news from here? I dunno...seems far fetched...IMO kids probably knew before anyone here had any inkling.

• Like 2

You really think those kids get all of their UA news from here? I dunno...seems far fetched...IMO kids probably knew before anyone here had any inkling.

Doesn't matter - Still do not think it appropriate to 'release alleged news' such as this before it is actually made public. I misjudged when I thought our goal was to be, ultimately, positive to the program. I do not see this as positive. We are not reporters tying to get a jump on some 'news' that might be negative toward the program. Just my position I guess.

Edited by HOF2013

To be fair no one here broke the story so I don't think the issue of someone posting it here is an issue. At all. It was already public. And our goal as a fan community is to continue doing what we can to drive our programs forward/into positive things. Posting this doesn't in any way negate that.

If any kid is worth his weight in terms of being an intelligent student athlete, they are monitoring many sources for news on their prospective programs. I know if I was being recruited I'd be following the Twitters/Facebooks, etc. of all staff, schools, admins, known public boosters, etc. and not (just) a fan forum. That's why I said that, if I was in a possible NLI-candidates position, I'd likely know Bernard wasn't going to be around or being interviewed WAY before some Joe Shmoe (no offense The_DHC lol) posts about it on some schools fan forum that has like 50 regular posters (we probably have a few hundred lurkers admittedly).

The next 4 years of my life depend on it.

Edited by Eli

Doesn't matter - Still do not think it appropriate to 'release alleged news' such as this before it is actually made public. I misjudged when I thought our goal was to be, ultimately, positive to the program. I do not see this as positive. We are not reporters tying to get a jump on some 'news' that might be negative toward the program. Just my position I guess.

It was all over the Pittsburgh area news