UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #16: 1/3/18 - 7:00pm - vs Hartford

Eli

According to Wyland’s show, at halftime CB went into the locker room,, pulled out a chair, crossed his legs and said “since nobody on this team is upset about this game, I’m not going to be either.”

Softest group ever. Probably a generational thing.

I like the boys on the team, but when they act like pussies.... they need to be called out.

Edited by uofalbany

.....Don't know if it was a trust issue, but playing Cremo and Nichols all those minutes tells me coach really wanted the OOC W's this year. With NIT at large chances out the window after yesterday, he can focus on getting Cremo and Nichols some rest -UA'08{

Only problem with this line of thinking is our overplayed backcourt shouldn't need to be rested at the beginning of games, they just come out disinterested on the "D" end which at times causes havoc for our bigs.

• Like 3

.....Don't know if it was a trust issue, but playing Cremo and Nichols all those minutes tells me coach really wanted the OOC W's this year. With NIT at large chances out the window after yesterday, he can focus on getting Cremo and Nichols some rest -UA'08{

Only problem with this line of thinking is our overplayed backcourt shouldn't need to be rested at the beginning of games, they just come out disinterested on the "D" end which at times causes havoc for our bigs.

True. They're mid way through their junior years and have known coaches importance of defense. If they haven't bought in on the importance of defense who knows if they ever will.

Hopefully the team reads this board. And I'm not talking about the coaching.

It was an embarrassment last night. Several of the starters need to be benched for the tipoff next game.

Sorry, playing like you don't give a $iena is absolutely pathetic.

If they do read this forum I just want them to know that they are great kids and I/we love that we have them (all good students, no problems with the law, etc....our kids are great!) and not to take our ribbing too to heart (or is it to too heart? I'm an immigrant, cut me some slack!) but we're all just very passionate about the program and know they can be better, they've showed it! Just gotta have more desire than what was shown last night. That was a terrible representation of the UAlbany program.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

Some of you guys have had blinders on. This team has been avoiding disaster for a month. They very easily could be 8-8 or worse.

They rarely show any urgency and believe push comes to shove their offense will bail them out. They will be a solid Mid Pac team until their guards decide to defend and value the ball.

Fact...and why I waited until today to post. There is NOTHING more to say than this post.

Hopefully, this particular game...coming early in conference play...is enough to get our guards to defend. I love Joe and David...pure competitors, leaders, students, athletes...but their perimeter defense (including all of our guards, and frankly Devante as well) is beyond suspect. No ball denial, slow rotations...etc. The passing was not even crisp from Hartford...but we lacked any desire to make it difficult. It was like watching a clinic from Hartford.

Hats off to Hartford...they've been playing phenomenal ball of late. I don't think it will last...but right now, they were the better team.

Our guards need to have some defensive pride...

• Like 2

Some of you guys have had blinders on. This team has been avoiding disaster for a month. They very easily could be 8-8 or worse.

They rarely show any urgency and believe push comes to shove their offense will bail them out. They will be a solid Mid Pac team until their guards decide to defend and value the ball.

Fact...and why I waited until today to post. There is NOTHING more to say than this post.

Hopefully, this particular game...coming early in conference play...is enough to get our guards to defend. I love Joe and David...pure competitors, leaders, students, athletes...but their perimeter defense (including all of our guards, and frankly Devante as well) is beyond suspect. No ball denial, slow rotations...etc. The passing was not even crisp from Hartford...but we lacked any desire to make it difficult. It was like watching a clinic from Hartford.

Hats off to Hartford...they've been playing phenomenal ball of late. I don't think it will last...but right now, they were the better team.

Our guards need to have some defensive pride...

THIS!

Not to regurgitate a box score but are we really laying the blame on these two?

15-31 from the field. Rest of the team 8-23.

8-15 from 3. Rest 0-4.

43 point. Rest 21.

5-5 from the line. Rest 5-9.

4RB vs 24RBs.

8 assists vs 6 assists.

3 steals vs 4 steals.

6 TOs vs 6 TOs

Hartford 2 leading scorers were a guard that was too fast for our guards and a big that we had no answer for.

Started like garbage again. Cant seem to solve a 1-3-1 consistently. And the Cremo to Nichols pass/TO late in the game bothered me most. Both take some blame on that one.

Just for clarity, I am not blaming the loss on them offensively. Not an issue at all. And I am not blaming them as the sole reason for the loss. Charles wasn't as aggressive...Foster missed some bunnies that he will make, etc.

However, It's about our guard play on defense. It's absolutely awful. And it puts all of our bigs in bad situations.

If you used the +/- system used in hockey to evaluate on court performance (balancing out offensive input against defensive liability), all of our guards would have been in a negative last night. And frankly, for most of the season.

All that said, I think we will turn it around quickly. From what I can see, every single player has pride...stems from the coaching staff...and there is no doubt that guys like Joe and David will step up the defense. I have no doubts about it.

Edited by Dane96