UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

All Conference Teams

What numbers is everyone seeing? He has NOT been good this year except for a few games. Most of his numbers are down and he's playing virtually the same minutes per game (33.7) as last year.

The advanced metrics are pretty telling. He was NOT a top AE player this year no matter how much people talk him up or pat him on the back. The few games he did great this year were an exception, not the rule.

Last year:
----------

FG%: 44.3%
2PT %: 47.4%
3PT %: 35.4%
True shooting percentage: 51.7%
Offensive Win/Share: 2.2
Defensive Win/Share: 1.6
Win/Share: 3.8
Win/Share per 40 min: 12.9%
Player Efficiency Rating: 18.7
3pt Attempt Rate: 25.7%

This year:
----------

FG%: 40.4%
2PT %: 42%
3PT %: 37.7%
True shooting percentage: 50.8%
Offensive Win/Share: 1.5
Defensive Win/Share: 1.5
Win/Share: 3.0
Win/Share per 40 min: 11.5%
Player Efficiency Rating: 15.4
3pt Attempt Rate: 37% (!!!!!!!!!!!! You remember those heat check shots I've been
posting about every game? BAM! TAKE ANOTHA! Only a marginal increase in % but
a boatload of more attempts....)
Come on folks...I don't know what you folks are clamorin for/about. He doesn't even pass the eye test on good/bad shot attempts most games. Most of them are ill-advised or forced.

Hopefully he can string together at least one good AE tourney game (preferably against VT) and figure out what happened this year and do better next year.

This was not the case in the second half of the ae slate... He was much better and his orating shows it.

Listen... He gets beat up pretty good here and some of it is deserved especially in the middle part of the season but it was obvious he was playing a much more cerebral game in the second part of the ae slate.

This is why I was so frustrated as a fan... Heavy is the head that wears the crown... He was supposed to be the leader and an extension of the coach. He led them to a 10-6 finish and fourth place. Yes, it's a team game but I can name 2 or 3 games early on where he really hurt the team. As he struggled, you could see his demeanor change... Maybe the wrist was worse than we know.

Edited by Clickclack

I thought Nichols would have grabbed a 3rd team selection. While he took a step back from last year, he is still very talented and one of the top guards in the league. Big congrats for being recognized academically to him, and also Cremo. Great accomplishment. 3.9 wow!

Leissner over Charles for first team? I don't know. Maybe my purple colored glasses are a bit too strong, but I think that could have been flipped.

It amazes me everyone knows that David is the guy who when he plays well we play well but when it comes to All AE he gets screwed!!!!!! No one she have to plead Davids case his numbers speak for themself. He deserve to be on one of the three teams. I think it's other coaches hold back trying to protect their own players.

You can vote your own guys?

Can't vote for your own guys

I am not sure this is entirely true. It is definitely the case when voting on "team" things like preseason favorites and coaches cannot vote for themselves ever : but I think player awards use a different voting formula, that does allow a coach to vote for his own players (at least to some extent.) I could be totally wrong on this, but I remember this coming up somewhere in previous years and recall reading that coaches can affect/contribute to the outcome on their OWN players. Like I say, I could be 100% wrong. Anyone know for sure??

Edited by dslyank

It amazes me everyone knows that David is the guy who when he plays well we play well but when it comes to All AE he gets screwed!!!!!! No one she have to plead Davids case his numbers speak for themself. He deserve to be on one of the three teams. I think it's other coaches hold back trying to protect their own players.

You can vote your own guys?

Can't vote for your own guys

I am not sure this is entirely true. It is definitely the case when voting on "team" things like preseason favorites and coaches cannot vote for themselves ever : but I think player awards use a different voting formula, that does allow a coach to vote for his own players (at least to some extent.) I could be totally wrong on this, but I remember this coming up somewhere in previous years and recall reading that coaches can affect/contribute to the outcome on their OWN players. Like I say, I could be 100% wrong. Anyone know for sure??

No, coaches absolutely can't vote for their own kids.