UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lacrosse at UMASS (3/6/18 - 3 PM)

Went out to Amherst ... great to see the team have a good start ... Will need it on Saturday

Welcome to the site!

Pompo, Thanks for the Patterson/McClancy explanation. It is great having someone who played, join this blog, helping us better understand the game. Also, enjoyed watching you play a few years back. THANKS

Agree with this 100%. I never played or really watched lacrosse until about 10 years ago when a good friends because the head coach of a high school in Westchester County. So it's great to have some deeper knowledge on the board. Thanks!

While I tend to agree on the assessment of Patterson, one big thing to keep in mind is that Syracuse opted to put the LSM on McClancy, which allowed Patterson, an attackmen, to dodge against a short stick all game. ANY division 1 attackmen should be able to beat a shorty with their eyes closed. Since then, Patterson has been getting the LSM. The scoring directly reflects that.

Patterson vs the LSM has 2 goals in 3 games and against shorties he's had 4 goals in 1 game. McClancy had 1 goal when getting the LSM vs Cuse and 5 goals in 3 games when getting a short stick defender. It also provides further evidence that playing a 4th attackmen works and we are starting to see other teams implement the same strategy (I.E. Notre Dame.

McClancy is a consensus top 10 MLL draft pick. The number of D1 teams who have so much firepower that a top 10 midfielder draws a short stick match-up is one. I think one wrinkle that we may see UA implement against UMD is to decrease the number of defensive shifts McClancy takes in order to keep him as fresh as possible for the offensive end.

On another note - I am interested to see if T.D. has added any significant counters to his game. Looking back on the quarterfinal loss to UMD, they threw out their #2 FOGO who went from a stand-up stance and did a rake (I'm not 100% on this). This move allowed him to scrap for the GB with the advantage of already on two feet as opposed to T.D. who had to get up off one knee. I obviously can't argue with the results thus far, but UMass showed that teams will at least make the faceoff competitive

Yep. Cornell had 3 or 4 different FO guys tying various techniques. Syracuse also had more than one. That is why the wings are so important.