UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lacrosse at Maryland (3/10/18 - 12 PM)

Announcers were good, but the one guy clearly had a Maryland bias. Which is fine being the Big 10 network.

Except the graphic at the end said University OF Albany. At least they didn’t add ‘-NY.’

I wouldn't say JD was cheating. I would give him and the coaches more credit and attribute it to film work on tendencies and that was their game plan.

Cheating as in expecting low shots and starting low, rather than standing up and moving low after the shot
  • Like 1

Announcers were good, but the one guy clearly had a Maryland bias. Which is fine being the Big 10 network. I wouldn't say JD was cheating. I would give him and the coaches more credit and attribute it to film work on tendencies and that was their game plan.

VERY well said my friend!!!

Announcers were good, but the one guy clearly had a Maryland bias. Which is fine being the Big 10 network.

Except the graphic at the end said University OF Albany. At least they didn’t add ‘-NY.’

I wouldn't say JD was cheating. I would give him and the coaches more credit and attribute it to film work on tendencies and that was their game plan.

Cheating as in expecting low shots and starting low, rather than standing up and moving low after the shot

I would not call it cheating either. Well coached game plan based on tendencies!! You are 100% correct!

I finally had a chance to watch the game. I thought the announcers were pretty spot on with their calls.

I think our offense still has a ways to go, and the easy transition goals haven't been there. The settled offense as the announcer were saying was the ball in one guys stick for a lot of the time, but hey it is working! And they scored 11 goals in a game where TD didn't dominate the face offs. To me that is a great sign.

Big one against UVM next week. Hope the weather is great and the stadium is packed.

If we have to nit-pick, our man-up is horrendous. Most games we score at will with 6 on 6, but when we have the extra man, we can't get a shot on goal. That 6 on 4 we had today was painful to watch. Maryland in a basic box of 4 corner guys and we pass around like it's a game of catch. Need to work on it before playoffs.

If we have to nit-pick, our man-up is horrendous. Most games we score at will with 6 on 6, but when we have the extra man, we can't get a shot on goal. That 6 on 4 we had today was painful to watch. Maryland in a basic box of 4 corner guys and we pass around like it's a game of catch. Need to work on it before playoffs.

Coach Marr said they were terrible in an interview last week - so at least they know that they have to improve.

Watching @ City Line I thought we were simply being out played by a very good Maryland team for the first 3 qtrs. But watching it again when I got home, I would say that our problem especially early on was we were simply NOT shooting well (the announcers also commented several times that UA's shots were mostly not on goal, even when we had good looks.) Also, UA did come back from 8-3 to pulll within 8-6, before falling behind again 10-6. So maybe the 4th qtr adjustment was more about better execution than any strategic changes. Just as TD figured it out late, and JD knew he had to get low earlier; the sharp shooters also made the appropriate adjustments. Someone called for an expert analysis of the come back and I am most definitely NOT AN EXPERT, so I offer this only as an un-eduacted observation. Expert & Others thoughts appreciated.

Speaking of experts; call out to Pompo who explained Patterson more effect when defended by a short stick. Proved providential.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

Marr said after the game that the big difference in the 4th was pace. MD plays much slower than UA and they were getting drawn down to that speed. So the picked up the pace of the attack and it worked.

The service guy at my Subaru dealer saw the GDAC magnet a few days ago and couldnt stop talking about how much he loves UA sports. He was thinking about driving down to MD but may have watched at the party.

• Like 1