UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

PRAYERS ANSWERED!

• Like 2

PRAYERS ANSWERED!

Gatusso is not a dummy - he saw the same stuff as we did - remember him getting into it with Bernard on the sideline. Gotta hope the defense is as good as it has been. O will definitely be better this year - a few STUDS redshirted last year AND Hanks is back 100%

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

PRAYERS ANSWERED!

Gatusso is not a dummy - he saw the same stuff as we did - remember him getting into it with Bernard on the sideline. Gotta hope the defense is as good as it has been. O will definitely be better this year - a few STUDS redshirted last year AND Hanks is back 100%

I do as well...he absolutely undress Barnard on two occasions...it was brutal! I'm a bit surprised it took this long but it's done. They have spring and pre-season to tweak the system where they can in preparation for the season.

Maybe dragging in Sussman for a run up the middle for .8 of a yard game after game will be a thing of the past.

• Like 1

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've got nothing against Coach B and he's likely a fine man and good coach, but he was clearly out of his element as OC. Glad to see they could retain him.

• Like 2

Good news for the program. Interesting as Nick Sanchez was just named co-Defensive Coordinator / Corners Coach a few months ago. So, either he left and that created a position for Barnard or he was let go to create a position.

Nick is now at Western Michigan. Probably got a salary bump and it's FBS.

• Like 1

PRAYERS ANSWERED!

I do as well...he absolutely undress Barnard on two occasions...it was brutal! I'm a bit surprised it took this long but it's done. They have spring and pre-season to tweak the system where they can in preparation for the season.

Maybe dragging in Sussman for a run up the middle for .8 of a yard game after game will be a thing of the past.

You know we all get ticked about that BUT if you watch any big 5 school games - they all do the same thing. The West coast stuff - I don't like it but it does work some times

Nick is now at Western Michigan. Probably got a salary bump and it's FBS.

Really - no idea at all. He is still listed on the coaching roster- Wrong - he still was a few days ago when I checked. Now he is off the list.

Pretty late to be making a change!

Edited by HOF2013

1 hour ago, HOF2013 said:

He looks like a solid hire. Former recruiting coordinator at Temple, Rutgers and Penn State. Says he has solid ties with Philly area and Jersey.  Wants to get back to coaching. Welcome, Coach Barthel!

Edited by jimbo
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, jimbo said:

He looks like a solid hire. Former recruiting coordinator at Temple, Rutgers and Penn State. Says he has solid ties with Philly area and Jersey.  Wants to get back to coaching. Welcome, Coach Barthel!

Got some AWESOME kids on his likes list on Facebook too!!  Looks very solid to me.  Can't wait for this season to start.  Some great coaching pickups I'd say!